Jamie Ness: I'll walk tall now my Rangers injury hell has been cleared up

JAMIE NESS will walk tall into Rangers' pre-season after a trip to Germany cured a posture-crippling groin problem.

The 20-year-old rocketed into first-team contention last term after a stunning first start in the New Year Old Firm derby.

But he hobbled back out of the season after just 13 appearances, plagued by an undiagnosed injury that laid him out for February and March and the last six games of their charge to the title.

After a string of injections from legendary Bayern Munich doc Hans Muller-Wohlfahrt, Ness has straightened himself out and is ready to stake a claim for the midfield place he believes he can hold down from the off.

Muller-Wohlfahrt has treated everyone from Ronaldo, Steven Gerrard, and Jose Maria Olazabal to Usain Bolt and Bono!

And Ness said: "This has been the main thing troubling me for the past three or four months and the rest of the injuries all stemmed from it.

"But hopefully that's me got to the bottom of it.

"I'd been really frustrated but the doc examined me in Germany and said he'd seen a lot of people like me before so that was quite a positive for me.

"It turned out it was nerve damage in the groin and the treatment I got was a spell of injections in my groin and my back.

"And I do feel better. I actually feel taller.

"I've stopped growing so I don't know whether that's me straightened out and my posture's better.

"I now have exercises to do to prevent it happening again and I've also got new boots with specially-made insoles, so that should hopefully be me sorted."

Ness has been so determined to get off to a flier this season he's shunned the time off the squad were given in June to get himself at the peak of his powers.

He said; "I've been in for a lot of the summer doing rehab to make sure I'm ready for pre-season. It's been a short summer but it had to be done to make sure I'm fit."

Ness turned in a couple of man-of-the-match showings in big games before missing out on the medal march in May. But he said: "My aim is to play as many games as I can this season.

"The midfield is a strong area of the team for us - we've got Mo Edu, Steve Davis, Lee McCulloch, Kyle Hutton and me - five of us playing for two places. But I'm hoping if I have a good pre-season I'll be one of the picks.

"I've always had enough confidence in my own ability that I'd be able to come into the team and make an impact.

"From the 10 or so games I played in a row I think I showed I could do that and that has given me confidence I can do it to a greater extent next season."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2011/06/26/jamie-ness-i-ll-walk-tall-now-my-rangers-injury-hell-has-been-cleared-up-86908-23228212/