Today's re-signing news

No one should be under any doubt how significant these two players resigning for us are and what signal this sends out .With the very real possibility of Davies following them , for the first time in years we have been able to secure important players down on new improved long term contracts , these contracts dont just work in the players interests it also strengthens our position should any other club come sniffing round them .

It also reduces the usual January merry go round of players continually being out of contract and having the support worried that another Miller scenario is in the wind, the spine of the team is now secure , and hopefully the last real position ( center half ) will be addressed next .

I feel absolutely great and am looking forward with much greater faith in our new management team and owner , well done to all .

Fair points mate.

This is good news and a signal of intent from the new owner. Let's hope these investments are the first of many while retaining the prudence required to avoid financial problems down the line.

I'm buzzing about it.

The most important factor for me, is they would not have signed these contracts if they had not been shown the long and short term plans for Rangers. There has to be solid signings in the pipeline that we don;t know about.

it also gets rid of the "selling club" tag we have.

I'm buzzing about it.

The most important factor for me, is they would not have signed these contracts if they had not been shown the long and short term plans for Rangers. There has to be solid signings in the pipeline that we don;t know about.

it also gets rid of the "selling club" tag we have.

Just about to post something similar on Twitter about that aspect.

The money is important but our ambitions must match theirs also.

It is great news. We should not be surprised that we are having some issues in the transfer market at the moment, even if the transfer budget is top loaded this summer to say 7.5 million. McCoist and White have told us that we need to bring in 4-5-6 players. Doesn't really leave us with much to bargin with. So they are right to make sure they are getting they right players in and I have total faith that they will. We can't afford another James Beattie for example.

My main concern however is that we have a bare squad going into the champions league qualifiers, after all we all know how that panned out last time around. As mentioned in the great first post, this is good a good sign with these players signing new deals and hopefully davis will join them.

Great news to get these two signed on again, Ally's done a fine job here. Clearly he's sold his plans to the players and that's a top thing. We are still way short of personal needed for the squad but i think Whitts and Greegs signing on is not only an indication that they want success with us, but that they believe players are on the way. Lets hope so anyway.