What a great day for us fans.

In my opinion today has been planned. there is no coincidences with the two lads signing long terms deals, the Spanish lad flying in then old harry Redknapp saying on SSN live that we are in for two loans from his club.

it has pissed on a lot of fires of our hates and the fans with in our own support that think CW is at it. He has obviously been working very hard behind the scenes and i for one congratulate him for giving us all a great lift.

long may it continue

To add to that i feel we removed a money from our bak, we are no longer a "selling club" as we had two prime pieces of footballing talent that we could have sold for good money.

I think maybe there's other people who deserve some credit for how things are going/moving along. We have the scouts, the management team and of course, Gordon Smith. It's hard to say who's all been involved with the various deals and in what capacity exactly, but I definitely think it's a bit early to start heaping praise on Craig Whyte just because we've extended a couple of contracts that should have been getting extended anyway and are reported to be in talks for another 3 players, two of which are loans. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy, but I'll be keeping my feet on the ground for the moment and not be getting too carried away... :)

Its finally good to see some action if we get these 3 players in. I will be pleased as that was my only issue if we didn't get enough in at the start of the season I would be annoyed and I said 2 or 3 at least. Obviously loans are not quite what we want but we will have to make do for now. The added boost is the long term contracts signed by our core squad and championship winners.

We're by no mans the finished article, i just like the way this day has been engineered to happen like it has. There's a good bit of mind games going on there from G51 towards our detractors

I think it's going to take us from 4-8 years till we are really a stable financial institution being able to compete at a higher level for players. Obviously that can change in an instant, but as it stands now it's how i personally see the future for Rangers.

What's happened?

McGregor - new 6 year contract

Whittaker - new 5 year contract

Davis - likely to sign new 5 year contract

Ortiz - Spanish wide player at Murray Park for talks

Khumalo - South African defender likely to join on loan from Spurs

Livermore - English midfield enforcer also possible on loan from Spurs

All official news today. :cool:

How was the holiday?

McGregor - new 6 year contract

Whittaker - new 5 year contract

Davis - likely to sign new 5 year contract