FC Twente Stadium Collapsed

Thats unbelievable, for the roof on a whole stand / section says something was well wrong and should have been prevented. Not to take away this being a tradegy with 1 guy dying and others injured, but as Craig says its scary to think if that happened during a match.

Thats unbelievable, for the roof on a whole stand / section says something was well wrong and should have been prevented. Not to take away this being a tradegy with 1 guy dying and others injured, but as Craig says its scary to think if that happened during a match.

The person who was critical has now passed away making it 2 dead. Still no news on what caused it.

Guest Dutchy

I've just spoken with my Dutch vrouw and she says that the crane used to lift things hit against a strut, or support and the whole house if cards came down when that happened.

Obviously, health and safety questions have to be answered as well as the 2 dead's families, Twente will be without that extra income as the ground improvements will be on hold for now and the beginning of the season.

I've just spoken with my Dutch vrouw and she says that the crane used to lift things hit against a strut, or support and the whole house if cards came down when that happened.

Obviously, health and safety questions have to be answered as well as the 2 dead's families, Twente will be without that extra income as the ground improvements will be on hold for now and the beginning of the season.

The crane theory is being denied by the company who were operating them. The cranes were not in use at the time. It now looks to be that no cross supports were put in place and that the roof was being too heavily burdened. The huge heavy scoreboard was already hung up plus they were were also starting to lay the roofing. The corrugated roofing sheets were also thought to be put onto the roof piled up probably on a pallet ready to be placed. Nothing official yet but this is the line of thought at the moment. As far as I know the man who died today had fallen the 35 meters from the roof to the ground.

Such a tragedy and I'm sure we are all together on sending our heart felt condolences to the families who have lost loved ones in such a tragic accident.

That's for sure. Wishing them all the strength in their time of need.

Guest Dutchy

Signed and symphathies with the familes.

A terrible accident, you would think there has to be someone at fault for this type of thing?

I drove passed the stadium today,not to look but as part of the route I was driving, and to see how heavy metal can be bent and mangled in such a way gives you an insight into the power that was released when the roof collapsed.Unbelievable. The reason definitely seems to be in the building process. The roof was getting burdened before all the strengthening struts were in place. Someone, probably a contractor is going to get severely hit by this.