Birmingham Post re Cuellar

Aston Villa: Latest on Carlos Cuellar deal

Carlos Cuellarâ��s representatives are currently discussing the Spanish defenderâ��s personal terms with Rangers after Aston Villa accepted a �£2 million bid from the Ibrox giants.

Contrary to reports, Villa have received no interest from La Liga club Espanyol for Cuellar, who is 29 years old and has just 12 months left on his contract.

Nobody knows the reason for the stalling,however I'm guessing it all be down to his agent waiting from an offer from Spain,or elsewhere,or maybe it's got something to do with Carlos wanting a sweetener from Villa to go??,as I said who knows,but it's not worrying.

http://www.birminghampost.net/midlands-birmingham-sport/west-midlands-sports/aston-villa-fc/2011/07/19/aston-villa-latest-on-carlos-cuellar-deal-97319-29079837/#ixzz1SXrlONxc

I'm not bothered about rushing this deal through to be honest. I am however more concerned at the thin squad we having going into the Malmo ties, the clock is ticking down until the registration deadline and it a little worrying now.

The Cuellar deal could all be about 90% done, I heard on Radio Clyde\Real Radio I think this morning that he is wanting a sweetener from Villa to compensate the wage drop he will be taking to leave.

Nobody knows the reason for the stalling,however I'm guessing it all be down to his agent waiting from an offer from Spain,or elsewhere,or maybe it's got something to do with Carlos wanting a sweetener from Villa to go??,as I said who knows,but it's not worrying.

http://www.birminghampost.net/midlands-birmingham-sport/west-midlands-sports/aston-villa-fc/2011/07/19/aston-villa-latest-on-carlos-cuellar-deal-97319-29079837/#ixzz1SXrlONxc

That's what i'm saying. It worries me personally.