Something i think�s been missed by most about todays game that is vitally important

The first half we were very poor and the Jambos were up for it.

We could all see that.

Now, for me, one of the most important tools of any football managers arsenal is being able to change things at half time. Many so called great managers can�t do that, Martin O�Neil, Sam Alerdyce spring to mind.

We went in at half time lucky not to be 2-0 down. I was anxious what Ally would do.

Bang, the second half starts and you could see he�d changed the formation with Davis through the middle and pushing forwards a bit more, Papac had his runs and i thought Edu was solid the 2nd half. You could see he had told the team to settle down and run at Hearts and try and keep the ball on the deck. he made the lads believe in themselves and not to give the Jambos as much respect as we had in the first half.

That says to me in his very first game that our Ally has the tallent and vision to change things and tear a strip off the lads at half time.

I am so happy i now know the gaffer can and will do this.

It isn't always the management though.

Famous recent examples being Scott Parker at West Ham this year and the Irish fly hald whose name temporarily escapes me. Hopefully it was Ally. But it may well just be a recurring issue with our team of the last few years where they often dont turn up until we've our backs up against the wall.

As I said before, IMHO, the first half was an experiment, how the "old" formation with McCulloch and Edu through the centre would hold in a competitive match. An experiment with regards to Tuesday. For you always have to keep in mind that the Swedes are nigh half-way through their season and if we try our cavalier football that we used at the end of the season (echo: end of the season) with people who have not really played a game in earnest this time, we easily could end up with another Unirea result. Thus, he tested a strong midfield, aimed at destroying any Hearts attack, while trying to hit them on the counter. It did not work and was not good football either. Then again, it was the first test and the first competitive game as well.

The above is the way I explained it to myself. IMHO, we should use our potential at home and hit SPL teams with a 3-5-2 or the like. That, IMHO, would also be the option for Malm�¶ at home. The midfielders and wingbacks need to do a lot of backtracking*, but if we keep them busy in their half, we should do fine.

McGregor

Bougherra - Weir - Papac

Whittaker - Davis - Edu - Ortiz - Wallace

Jelavic - Naismith

*Davis, Edu, Naismith, Whittaker all can do that.

Guest Dutchy

I think he could put Wallace on and Papac could go central, with Broadfoot going to full back, thus releasing Whittaker for a more forward midfield role, where he is best deployed.

As I said before, IMHO, the first half was an experiment, how the "old" formation with McCulloch and Edu through the centre would hold in a competitive match. An experiment with regards to Tuesday. For you always have to keep in mind that the Swedes are nigh half-way through their season and if we try our cavalier football that we used at the end of the season (echo: end of the season) with people who have not really played a game in earnest this time, we easily could end up with another Unirea result. Thus, he tested a strong midfield, aimed at destroying any Hearts attack, while trying to hit them on the counter. It did not work and was not good football either. Then again, it was the first test and the first competitive game as well.

The above is the way I explained it to myself. IMHO, we should use our potential at home and hit SPL teams with a 3-5-2 or the like. That, IMHO, would also be the option for Malm�¶ at home. The midfielders and wingbacks need to do a lot of backtracking*, but if we keep them busy in their half, we should do fine.

McGregor

Bougherra - Weir - Papac

Whittaker - Davis - Edu - Ortiz - Wallace

Jelavic - Naismith

*Davis, Edu, Naismith, Whittaker all can do that.

Im a fan of 3-5-2 but wouldnt have full backs playing the wide roles in the 5. Wylde should be at LM hands down and Naismith was a different player when he moved out right against Hearts. Id stick Healy (until Lafferty gets back) up with Jelavic.