What do we REALLY need in terms of new players?

We need a strike partner for Jella pronto - my preference was K. Miller but somehow he slipped through our hands, my next pick would be Goodwillie as I think he would be a perfect decoy for Jella, but I fear he too will slip through the net. In defence we have the big 6' 5" bloke whitshisname he'll do. In midfield we already have the talented Naismith who is being played out of position because of our striking crisis, and of course we have Davis and Ness so basically midfield is ok.

In a nutshell we need Goodwillie.

Solely on performances this evening - and it is unfair to judge this early into a season - the only ones worth keeping are :

McGregor - would already be out but for his heriocs tonight

Davis - Worked his socks off - not his fault he gets little assistance. Showed how you SHOULD be playing even after having signed an extended contract.

Wallace - VERY impressed with this lad. Looking to get up and down the touchline, broke beyond his midfielder, got back well, strong in the tackle and constantly looking to make things happen.

The rest tonight were pish in varying degrees.

Papac - mediocre but by no means the worst

Weir - the Malmo #7 would have eaten him alive for pace had he stayed on.

Bougherra - I would accept the offer for him. Was a bombscare tonight !

Whittaker - where do you start. 5 years ?? I wouldnt give him 5 minutes in a Rangers jersey the way he is playing.

Ortiz - I thought he showed signs of improvement tonight actually. Looked more assured. Decent enough and had a decent understanding with Wallace.

McCulloch - very poor. His lack of mobility is actually showing more than Weir's is because of his position and tonight he simply WATCHED opponents waltz past him.

Edu - if he is a professional then football is the easiest game in the world to break into. My 6 yr old has better touch than him.

Jelavic - tried hard but, in all honesty, looked a poor reflection of who he was last season. Obviously he is a keeper, but not really on his performance tonight.

Naismith - we would be leading this tie but for his profligacy in front of goal. A good player but not a striker. Better coming from deeper and breaking beyond the front line.

I actually would be looking for a striker and not a winger - Naismith should be played wide right or wide left as he is not a striker.

Very poor tonight, no momentum, no pace, no pressure on the opponents.

Very poor show.