Elior in �£35m deal with Glasgow Rangers FC

http://www.caterersearch.com/Articles/2011/07/29/339557/elior-in-35m-deal-with-glasgow-rangers-fc.htm

Elior's sports stadia business Azure has announced two new contracts with Glasgow Rangers Football Club, with a combined value of �£35m.

The first is a nine-year extension to its catering contract that will see Azure's operation at Ibrox Stadium and Rangers' training ground Murray Park reach 20 years.

The second contract win is a five-year deal for Azure Support Services to provide all cleaning services at the two sites.

Elior regional director Kenny Finlayson said that Azure has enjoyed a fantastic relationship with the football club as its catering provider.

"But we were not the obvious choice for the club when the cleaning contract came up for tender," he added.

However stadium manager Ross Macaskill said that it was Azure's ability to demonstrate that it had the right experience and support structure in place to run the contract.

He said: "We were impressed by the team's fresh and innovative ideas and could see the added value in awarding the contract to Azure - a company that already has an established client relationship and an extensive knowledge of both the stadium and training ground."

As well as the delivery of all match day hospitality and public catering, Azure will continue to manage all non-match day events within Ibrox Stadium and the catering services at Murray Park, the club's training ground.

Although the relevant people have been quoted, there's nothing on either 'official' site yet.

Will be interesting to see where this investment goes - as well as the terms of the contract.

(SIdenote, GErsnet seems to be a bit slow and prone to unwanted double-posts these days ...)

35m deal ... is that we pay or they pay?

They pay us and get the profits from the contract - i.e. you buy a pie and they get the cash - not us.

Yeah, we're going to examine the forum database over the weekend and address any server issues also.

Well bmck is. I'm going to get drunk and complain at any down-time he induces... :whistle:

Frankie Whyte has used 3m to doo up ibrox from there 1st payment i think its 3.8m a year.

That would make sense mate. I wonder what the next tranche will be used for then... ;)

So, is the �£35 million for us and they get all the profits/sales from selling their services at Ibrox and MP?

Or is the �£35 million a sales forecast that we can all (club and Azzure) expect to get from it?

Personally, I think the fans would get a better deal and choice if the public catering side of things was split up and there was for example a KFC, Burger King and Harry Ramsdens kiosk in each stand. A decent burger and drink from BK would cost half of what Azure are charging the fans.