Elior in �£35m deal with Glasgow Rangers FC

Personally, I think the fans would get a better deal and choice if the public catering side of things was split up and there was for example a KFC, Burger King and Harry Ramsdens kiosk in each stand. A decent burger and drink from BK would cost half of what Azure are charging the fans.

I've heard good reports about their hospitality grub, but the stuff for us ordinary fans is honking. I only eat it because an early rise for the boat and2.5 hours on a bus makes me hungry.

Personally, I think the fans would get a better deal and choice if the public catering side of things was split up and there was for example a KFC, Burger King and Harry Ramsdens kiosk in each stand. A decent burger and drink from BK would cost half of what Azure are charging the fans.

Problem is these places are usually franchises so they wouldn't pay well if only open once a fortnight.

So, is the �£35 million for us and they get all the profits/sales from selling their services at Ibrox and MP?

Or is the �£35 million a sales forecast that we can all (club and Azzure) expect to get from it?

No, they pay us to use the facilities - absorbing any profits in the process.

Obviously they reckon they can sell more than �£35million worth of pies in the next 9 years.

No, they pay us to use the facilities - absorbing any profits in the process.

Obviously they reckon they can sell more than �£35million worth of pies in the next 9 years.

�£35 million for rent etc over the time period sounds not bad if used right.

Love to know how it all breaks down with regards to overheads like electric and stuff.

Problem is these places are usually franchises so they wouldn't pay well if only open once a fortnight.

I understand that mate, but I still think it would be better value and choice wise for the fans if it would've been possible. You'd think these franchises (especially KFC & BK) which already exist not too far from Ibrox would jump at the chance of having a kiosk in each stand on match days and nights. You can be sure that a lot more fans would buy food in the stadium if they could get a burger and coke for �£3 instead of �£6.

How about the cleaning contract? Surely we pay them.

Yeah, that will be the case there.

As an aside, Mr Singhs are still providing the curry pies this season.

I understand that mate, but I still think it would be better value and choice wise for the fans if it would've been possible. You'd think these franchises (especially KFC & BK) which already exist not too far from Ibrox would jump at the chance of having a kiosk in each stand on match days and nights. You can be sure that a lot more fans would buy food in the stadium if they could get a burger and coke for �£3 instead of �£6.

The rental of such kiosks is expensive so the price would rise - in the same way you have to pay for a BK meal at the airport or service station, you'd have to pay more at Ibrox also.

I do agree with you though.

Yes but i think Whyte has probobly tied the whole agreement into the contract so we are not paying anything out yet they are paying us each year �£3.8m mate.

Reading it again though, the wording is not entirely clear. Elior think the deal is worth �£35million to them so that doesn't mean they'll be paying that much to us.

As such it may be �£3.8million a year but perhaps not for 9 years.