I don't see what all the fuss is about Kyle Hutton. He's slow and miles behind Jamie Ness when it becomes to talent. Hutton should be sent out on loan to gain some 1st team experience and someone from the coaching staff can closely monitor him to see how he's progressing.

I'd rather have Jig in the middle before Hutton. I'd feel more comfortable and confident with Jig playing.

I think Hutton is a decent player to have when you need a more defensive outlook. Same with McCulloch. Both offer a solid option in front of the back four in terms of retrieving and recycling possession. The do the dirty work so someone like Davis has the free role (usually in a midfield five).

However for most games (domestically at least) where we only need a midfield four, their lack of mobility and creativity means I'd rather go with someone like Ness or Edu to partner Davis. These lads are more creative and can get forward whilst providing the mobility required to defend when required.

McCulloch is of course experienced but he has been worse than Edu so far this season. Hutton IMO should be starting before both of them and although doesn't have great pace he can pass much better and can only improve.

Rangers youngster Kyle Hutton insists he still has plenty of faith in his ability to nail down a place in Ally McCoist's first team this season.

But the midfielder admits he could seek a loan move elsewhere if his opportunities with the Scottish champions continue to be limited.

The 20-year-old impressed in last week's friendly against Chelsea but has not featured in any Clydesdale Bank Premier League matches so far this term and was not involved in the Champions League qualifiers against Malmo.

Hutton said: "I've not spoken to the manager yet. If it goes on and I'm not getting a chance, I'll need to speak to him and see what other routes I can take.

"I need to consider myself as part of the first team so when I get my chance, I need to believe in myself that I'm ready and I do believe in myself.

"But if it comes to the point where I need to choose another option and go out on loan, I'll be more than happy to do that. I'd be open to that, definitely, if it has to come to that."

However, Hutton says his immediate aim is to impress in training and force his way into McCoist's plans.

He added: "I was a bit disappointed at the start of the season not to be involved whatsoever but, at this club, it's going to be like that sometimes.

"All you can do is get your head down and keep working hard. When you get your chance, you need to be ready to take it.

"Even though you are disappointed, you can't show your disappointment, all you can do is work hard in training and try to catch the manager's eye and hope that he will give you a shout.

"I got my shot against Chelsea and played well so hopefully I'll be in the squad this week."

Hutton has backed Rangers to bounce back from the disappointment of their Champions League exit with victory at Inverness on Saturday.

He said: "The whole Malmo thing was disappointing but we are going to put that behind us and kick on with a big game this weekend and then we've got the game against Maribor in the Europa League.

"We are focused on the games coming up and this will be a hard week for us, but we will be fine."