Does anybody else feel that despite 3 games played, we are still waiting for the real season to start?

Funnily enough, I am finding it difficult to concentrate on this season.

I think that because last season felt so long and was so stressful at times due to the antics of Celtic, and the fact the close season was so short, it means some of us are struggling to focus a wee bit.

I agree that it doesn't quite seem like it's really kicked off but when you've been at the business end of the season, the new one is a bit of an anticlimax. However, that's usually mitigated by a long summer where you miss it and can't wait for it to start again...

I think the fact that the transfer window is still open and we don't seem to have concluded our business also gives the break an unfinished feel about it.

Starting the season early, then allowing teams to play a Friendly instead of a SPL game, was to put it nicely, idiotic.

Totally agree.

Something else that's idiotic about the whole thing is that the new early start to the season was brought about by December's football basically being wiped out because of the weather last year. So what's the answer? (You can just imagine the geniuses planning it) -

"Right, so we're all agreed that the SPL season should start 3 weeks early this year? Ok, good. Now the next point is, are we all agreed that due to the terrible weather last December, we should schedule more fixtures for December this year than any other month? Ok, good. This is a cunning plan" - Neil Doncaster talking at SFA & SPL meeting at Spearmint Rhino.

Baldric probably had a better success rate.

Aye probably! :)

It really is insanity when you look at the fixtures though. December is the only month where we've got 5 SPL fixtures scheduled. December is also a month where money is tight for people because they're buying Xmas presents etc, so scheduling more fixtures in December than other months is also bad for the clubs. They're more interested in the whole sectarianism farce and the national team's Euro qualifiers than actually trying to improve Scottish football. You'd think these people were on heavy duty medication or something because they don't seem to be thinking clearly.