Pace in the team

What a difference it makes. When we broke yesterday we did so with pace which Motherwell couldn't deal with. Compare that when we have the McCulloch - Edu partnership in midfield and it is like night and day.

Was also good to see Ortiz playing in his natural position and all three youngsters did well. Would have no qualms with playing the same team against Maribor.

If Ally changes the team for Thurs and the worst happens he has only himself to blame.

We've signed 2 new midfielders, if they're available I'd be very surprised to see Naisy remain in CM ahead of both.

Neither Bedoya or McKay can play against Maribor. Bocanegra is the only new player who was registered for the 2 play-off games.

Guest Kasper

Ortiz looked far more comfortable on the right, and even through the middle for Lafferty's goal.

It'll be interesting to see how Rangers approach the Maribor defence at Ibrox on Thursday.

What a difference it makes. When we broke yesterday we did so with pace which Motherwell couldn't deal with. Compare that when we have the McCulloch - Edu partnership in midfield and it is like night and day.

Was also good to see Ortiz playing in his natural position and all three youngsters did well. Would have no qualms with playing the same team against Maribor.

If Ally changes the team for Thurs and the worst happens he has only himself to blame.

That's a slighly less sarcastic version of what I tried to say in another thread. The McCulloch Edu combo midfield must never be repeated in any game in my opinion. Only one of them should ever play for Rangers at any time.

Ortiz must play on the right or not at all. Davis should always, always be in the middle because he's clearly our best player.

How all that pans out with the two midfield new boys thrown into the equation remains to be seen of course.

That's what Naisy in midfield gives you only ever wants to get the ball forward and brings the best out of Davis. When the new boys get here my midfield would be.

Bedoya/Davis/Naismith/McKay

Although saying that thought Ortiz had a great game on Sunday a slow start but really came on to a game and made some great passes.

McCulloch and Edu should never play together again in the same team, i hope Ally now see's that. For me McCulloch is done rumours his knee keeps flaring up and taking injections before games the sad thing is he is on 3yrs left of draining a wage from us.

Naismith is better playing in Midfield, Davis is better back in the Middle, Ortiz played in his natural position, Wylde on the left, much more balanced Midfield that will give us more urgency and creativity.

For me McCulloch is done rumours his knee keeps flaring up and taking injections before games the sad thing is he is on 3yrs left of draining a wage from us.

His contract extension that he signed last year takes him up till the end of the 2012/13 season, so he's only here for this season and next season at the most.