Maribor lodge protest over Carlos Bocanegra eligibility

From Timmy site

FAO: UEFA

MARIBOR v RANGERS – 18/8/2011

Please see copied below the mail sent by me today to the Slovenian Embassy in London regarding the fielding of an ineligible player in the above match.

I trust UEFA will take this matter seriously and act accordingly.

Yours truly

FAO: The Cultural Attach�©

Dear Sir or Madam

I think it appropriate to draw the following fact to your attention.

When Maribor FC of Slovenia played Rangers on Thursday last the Scottish club fielded an ineligible player.

The US citizen Bocanegra was signed just before the match, but he does not have the necessary visa to play for the club in the UK.

This should have rendered him ineligible for the match but he was included in the side anyway by the Rangers' management team, and played in the game.

Despite being a proud citizen of Scotland I am also an upholder of the Corinthian spirit, and a fierce defender of the rules of fair play.

As such I feel strongly that this flagrant breach of UEFA rules should be brought to the attention of the Maribor club and to UEFA. This should certainly result in the tie being awarded to the Slovenians.

I remain

Yours faithfully

CLUB confident Bocanegra was eligible to play in Slovenia

RANGERS have reacted with complete surprise after Maribor complained to UEFA today that Carlos Bocanegra was not eligible to play in last week's first leg of the Europa League play-off tie.

And the Light Blues are confident that the governing body will reject the move by the Slovenians, who are due to arrive in Glasgow tomorrow for Thursday's second leg.

Bocanegra went to incredible lenghts to get to Maribor last week and the Football Administration department worked very hard to makes sure all of the paperwork was in place.

A Rangers statement reads: "We are extremely surprised by the complaint of NK Maribor. As confirmed by the SFA, Carlos Bocanegra was deemed eligible to play at a domestic level within the UEFA deadline in accordance with the requirements of the UEFA Regulations.

"We have at all times acted with due regard to the requirements of the UEFA Europa League Regulations and we are confident that the complaint of NK Maribor will be rejected by UEFA."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110823/gers-surprised-by-maribor-complaint_2254024_2429775

Edited by Zappa

ha ha ha what a loser if that was genuinely the case. Some people really need to get a life. It was described perfectly on the previous page, all paperwork was completed on time and registered. He does not require a visa to play in europe but does for the uk. The business he was on was not in the uk.

I was just about to post the same quote as chilledbear. The big story here should not be about us. The big story should be that Celtic fans should actively seek to ruin Scotland's coefficient.

Have these twats got such little foresight that they can't see that ALL Scottish clubs will be damaged without as many coefficient points this season?

And that it's in Celtic's interest that Rangers get a good run this season? And vice versa?

Corinthian spirit my arse.

Bitter twisted morons.

BTW. I think there's nothing in this. I think we played it by the book and we'll be OK

That bit made me laugh Corinthian spirit from a team who had a game cancelled around a players death to suit their own agenda but when I true Celtic legend snuffs it oh we must play to remember Tommy absolute scum. Phoned my uncle in France asked him about this a work permit issued in France works for the whole euro zone there for he can work in Slovenia so GIRUY timmy you sad plastic paddy pricks. Didn't think I could hate them any more but yes I can.

BTW. I think there's nothing in this. I think we played it by the book and we'll be OK

Yep, me too. It looks as though even the guys at STV who wrote the article are quite confident that we're ok and they've said so on twitter.

Apparently since Friday bitter scumbags have been writing letters, emails, tweets etc to anyone they could think might be interested in this. They really are extremely sad people.

Edited by Zappa
typo

Eventually the mainstream press will twig this and then, hopefully expose them for the two face lying hypocrites that they are.

Wouldn't hold your breath there Jim that would mean the media admitting how sad and deluded the average yahoo is.