McCoist - out of his depth?

Well I'm not sure if its his fault, its obvious that the defenders aren't his first choice.

But coming away with a statement like that won't build a bond between him and the players he's signed who weren't 1st choice targets. If anything, they'll lose interest.

Guest Dutchy

It could also be that he's failing only in his attempt to be more serious with the media. I'm sure most of these interviewers are well aware of Ally's previous reputation. I also don't see anything wrong with that comment as it's cleary the truth, any attempt to deny it could lead to a more complex set of questions. We have to remember that Ally is indeed on a learning curve as well.

It could also be that he's failing only in his attempt to be more serious with the media. I'm sure most of these interviewers are well aware of Ally's previous reputation. I also don't see anything wrong with that comment as it's cleary the truth, any attempt to deny it could lead to a more complex set of questions. We have to remember that Ally is indeed on a learning curve as well.

Ally has learned from WS for the last 5 years on how to deal with the media. He's also been involved with the media for the last 10+ years whether it's on the TV or radio. He should know how it works. I don't buy that he's on a learning curve!

No way would WS have come out with a statement like the one in the OP.

It's the diffirent style he has to adopt with the media now he's the Rangers boss I'm meaning.

I understand that but still, did he watch and listen to WS when he was being interviewed by the media? At least, you'd like to think he did when it became official that he was taking over as manager.

Guest Dutchy

Sure Gazza, but studying and practice can be 2 entirely diffirent things, or so it would appear. I'd give him a chance for the rest of the season and if we don't win the title, and no cups, it would be fair to say he's out of his depth then and he may have to go, but until then, I'm prepared to wait and see.

The only thing I can say with any certainty is that Ally is not Walter, thus I'd expect some diffirences.

I don't really see the big deal because Ally didn't mention specific names. It's not as if he said "We wanted to buy Roland Juh�¡sz, but after going out of the Champions League we couldn't afford him so decided to sign a cheap option in Carlos Bocanegra". If he had said that I'd be a bit concerned, but as metlika said, all he's done is state the obvious and he's no doubt been cornered into it.

I definitely think he's got a lot of work to do in terms of his approach to press/media interviews though because I'm not very happy with the way he's going about it at the moment. He generally seems to be saying too much and a lot of the things he's saying aren't the right things IMHO.

Guest Dutchy

I think maybe at times he's too friendly with them and he's not yet established himself as a manager giving opinions and sometimes seems coralled into being a jibbering mess.

Maybe that's a wee bit too strong, but you feel him sinking sometimes as he seems to put too much effort into it.

lemon created his own style, based on attack,, 'cos ah's the catholic one, eh!