I understand it's easier said than done when it comes to transfers mate. I just think we could have been a bit quicker off the mark and benefited in Europe especially.

Had we made the CL I dont think the complaints of being slow would have been quite so vociferous. But given we didnt it is understandable.

The most pertinent statement is, as you say, "easier said than done". We are dealing with players who will wait and see what the best offer is and we are dealing with clubs who either a) want to keep players or b) want to wait to see what the best offer for their players is.

And given the window is open till August 31 I find it hardly surprising that getting deals done in July is very difficult and very slow.

I think we actually were quick off the mark when you look at when we made some offers to players. But they are well within their rights to wait and see what other offers are out there. Sure, they run the risk of getting a lesser club wanting them but if you take Danns for example, he went to Leicester on June 27th and this was AFTER being pursued by us. Then when you look at protracted offers such as the one made for Goodwillie and Juhasz you can see that it isnt just down to Rangers to go in, make an offer and sign a player - when the player's current club dont want to play ball or want to keep moving goalposts then it is churlish to suggest that we were slow off the mark.

Sure, some of our dealings might have been concluded quicker - but most of them seem to have been circumstantial.

Also, Re Europe, we should have had enough to beat both Malmo AND Maribor with what we had. So much as though we might have gotten benefit there is no guarantee of that because they would be new players who would barely have gotten the chance to introduce themselves to their team-mates.

I dont think the club made THAT big of a mistake regarding Europe because we were, and we are, a better team than both Malmo & Maribor. The players let the club down and some will also suggest that the management let the club down (which is fair enough within reason).

Not having more players signed didnt harm the club that much IMO. In fact, regarding the Malmo game we already had Ortiz & Wallace playing in the first leg with Goian available for the 2nd leg. Weir and Bougherra were still available and when you looked at the team it really should have been strong enough to dispose of them comfortably - the players simply didnt show up.

Edited by craig

Although not a perfect window, it's too early to say that it's bad window.

We have 7 new players in and one of them has not even played for us yet, with others only with one match, or some sub appearances under thier belt. I'm confident these players will acclimatise and prove to be good additions. After all, they've all just started a new job in a new country and surely they need time to settle.

I think that the ones we have brought in will not offer the support to the established starts that they will need. Mind you, I also think that a couple of the so-called "established" stars - Lafferty and Whittaker - could well prove to be luxuries we can't afford.