Ticket prices

Can anyone tell me who sets the prices for home games in the spl. We recently received our allocation for the sellick game and the price was £42 but the same seat for killie is £25. There can be no justification in a 50% price rise for this game or is mr whyte trying to grab his money back

I'm not sure who'll be behind this year's increases, but the new guy Ali Russell was notorious for ticket price increases when he worked at QPR. Apparently he elevated the ticket prices so high that QPR games in the Championship became more expensive than some of the games in the EPL, but obviously he wouldn't have done it without the blessing of the QPR owners or maybe even being told to do it by the owners. Nonetheless, it caused all sorts of problems including match boycots IIRC.

The first rational I heard for increased prices was Wallace Mercer at Hearts saying that the club had to pay for extra policing. What with the new laws for anti-sectarism, it may not all be Whyte's doing.

Is it the case that we, the punters, are having to cough up for these 'extra' police? It's something worth investigating, especially as there's been much talk of reducing prices as one solution to get the fans back.

I for one will not be travelling to Ibrox on the off chance of getting a ticket at those prices, unfortunately.

Certain prices have fallen from last season. Old Firm games have gone up to accommodate this given the demand for such games.

I think the demand for these games are definately falling due to the sub standard of football the fans are witnessing.

it's still a sell out so plenty still wanting to go.

I think OF games will almost always be sell-outs but I reckon there's a lot of fans of both teams out there who have been put of going to CP and Ibrox to support their teams for an OF game.