No Bedoya???

You're entitled to your opinion the same as the rest of us.

However I fail to see what the pre-season has got to do with anything,tin hat on here!!. European football is nothing but a side show these days for Scottish teams with the obvious finance gained if quailfying for the group stages of the CL. The majority of that team '' void of ideas '' has won three titles in a row. If Ally is as successful as WS then he'll do ok. And finally,I don't think we may have been in trouble had DUTD not got a man sent off,we created far more chances than them and deserved to win the match and stay top of the SPL.

Of course,that is only my opinion.

You are also most certainly entitled to your opinion but watch you are not turning all the negatives into an " That doesn't matter" kind of thing. Personally I do feel pre-season is an important catalyst for the start of the season and with our club virtually depending on the riches of the CL I am astonished that you and seemingly AM has taken it so lightly as a sideshow. Apart from that I just hate to see Rangers lose any game be it a pre-season friendly or not.

That's true GA, to some extent, but to give him nothing but abuse, I would just chuck it in if I were exposed to that type constant abuse. Espeacially if I were just learning my trade.

It may be also that you think of Ranger FC as some great power in the World stage and we can only attract the best and the greatest, to fit in with our glorious club. Well I'd say most of our glories were in the past and as the targets that failed to come to us during the summer may be proof of that fact that others don't quite see us as a force in world football.

I'd also say that the Malmo and Maribor games might lead to that conclusion also, so I don't find it fitting while we're in a new stage of rebuilding our worldwide reputation that we should be slagging off the ones that we are trying to develop. But it's true, everyone has an opinion, some have more realistic dreams and hopes than others, but you're surely entitled to yours, no question.

Lost that notion a long time ago Dutchy we play in a sad wee backwater the only thing we have to sell is our history and even that isn't much currency these days. I really do hope he meets his full potential but whether it's the pressure of the fans or bad coaching they never seem to blossom until they leave us.

Personally I don't think our world position or history has anything to do with players not coming I think it is the fact that they can earn far more money elsewhere. Money talks in the modern football world.

Personally I don't think our world position or history has anything to do with players not coming I think it is the fact that they can earn far more money elsewhere. Money talks in the modern football world.

Agree with that Pete only thing they are interested in but who can blame them it's a job would you not go for the best wages.

Edited by GovanAllan

All of the money comments are true, but remember it wasn't that long ago when we did attract top class players, and it wasn't only because the English were banned from Europe for 5 years. Ludrup wasn't English, niether were all the Dutch guys. The truth is, we don't have that money anymore, mainly because the scottish league has a shit TV, but it doesn't help that we're failing in Europe more than we should be.

Hence my talk of the need to nurture our own, get some use out of them, then sell them for god money. It appears the only way we will ever get close to having anything like that sort of cash available.

I'm really disappointed with the success of Murray Park to date. Even though we've sold some that are now playing at a higher level, they didn't give us much and they are far and few between.