New book out today - Rangers and The Famous ICF by Sandy Chugg

51E6b%2BM-C8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

In all good book stores from today.

Product Description

Invariably violent, often brutal, frequently funny, sometimes moving but always compelling. Chugg takes us to the beating heart of the ICF, Scotland's most-feared football-hooligan gang. As the ICF rampages from one battle to the next at home and abroad, leaving many casualties in its wake, we meet figures who have become legends in the uncompromising world of football violence: men like Barry Johnston, Harky, Davie Carrick, Big Boris, Warren and James 'Fat' McLeod. This is the most-detailed account yet written about any of Scotland's mobs, with new material on almost every page. The twenty-plus chapters provide a fascinating insight into what really happened during the years when football violence was at its peak and there is even a chapter on the mayhem Rangers fans perpetrated in the 1960s and 1970s, well before the era of the casual. It would be impossible to give a complete list of the fascinating subjects covered by this book, but these are some of the highlights. Belly of the Beast: when fifty ICF took on a thousand Celtic fans before the notorious Old Firm title decider of 1999. Raid on the Gallowgate: the ICF launch a reckless attack on the Gallowgate pubs, Celtic's spiritual home. Price on his Head: why the IRA wanted Chugg shot. The vicious battles for supremacy with Hibs and Aberdeen. Taking on Scotland's other mobs: Dundee Utility, Kilmarnock, Partick Thistle, Motherwell and many more besides. South of the Border: the ICF front up to Sunderland, Everton and Man Utd. Marching through Europe: the ICF exported more football violence than any other British firm and there are breathtaking accounts of encounters with the likes of Juventus, Ajax, PSV, Bruges and Paris St Germain. Then, for the first time in any book, there is the story of the elite Scottish National Firm, including its forays into England, its clashes with the hated Tartan Army and of course the ill-fated trip to the 1998 World Cup in France, the trip that launched a thousand newspaper headlines.

About the Author

Sandy Chugg, the former leader of the Rangers ICF, has had an incredible three life bans from Ibrox. Born and raised in the tough east end of Glasgow he became a member of one of the city's notorious street gangs before graduating to the Rangers Soccer Babes and then to the ICF. He has been named by the police and by the media as the ringleader of the ICF and he is under constant surveillance by football intelligence whenever he watches his beloved Rangers. A committed Loyalist and Unionist, Chugg was given the nickname Billy Britain by his ICF fellow members, reflecting his dedication to the principle of Britishness.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rangers-Famous-ICF-Most-feared-Football-hooligan/dp/1905769288

Edited by Zappa

Cheers Boss. It’s gonna cause controversy, but why shouldn’t he make a few quid out of his and our adventures?

I don't have a problem with the book myself mate, but with the current policing and stewarding problems at Ibrox and this new government legislation they're trying to stuff down everyone's throats, I think this book release could maybe have been slightly better timed. Nothing that can be done about it now though.

I agree, but the deal was signed about 2/3 years ago, i know that’s how long he’s been doing it for, even longer.

The weird thing is, see all the recent troubles we’ve had, including Manchester, not ONE ICF lad was directly involved, we had ZERO to do with it really, despite what some will think, esp manchester.

I have been part of the ICF since about 88 on and off. I am in no way a main face but i’m known, if you know what i mean? I’ll be as honest as i can about it all, but i know it’s wrong and it does taint RFC in a bad light, but, it’s honestly like a drug, the feeling of being with the lads and walking through the Gallowgate taking the piss is amazing.

Plus people need to know that there has been 100’s of times we have bailed out “Scarfers” at Aberdeen, Parkhead, Hibs, etc.

sorry im not a fan of football hooliganism and am disappointed that its being glorified on this site. Its dragging us into the gutter.

I thought we were better than this.

It is not being glorified gisabeer and the fact that you are now condemning it means it is open for discussion. It has been a part of Rangers history and therefore should be open for discussion amongst Rangers supporters. I am like you and hate the hooligan element following any football team but I don't think we should stick our heads in the sand and kid on it didn't\doesn't happen.

gisabeer, to add my own thoughts to what pete said; we need to consider that it would be hypocritical of Gersnet not to allow the book to be advertised and discussed on the forum or censor it in any way because there's previously been discussions on other books about football hooliganism as well as films and TV programs.