McCoist and Davis net SPL awards double for Rangers

Rangers are celebrating an awards double after Ally McCoist and Steven Davis notched up the SPL manager and player awards for September respectively.

McCoist has steered the defending SPL champions to a nine-point lead at the top of the table.

Rangers opened the month with an away win against Dundee United and followed it up with a 4-2 Old Firm victory.

Davis has also impressed in wins over Dunfermline and Kilmarnock.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15307172.stm

Regardless of the distratctions that are presently dominating Scottish football, I glad to see Ally and Davis being rightly rewarded for a great month of football.

Regardless of the distratctions that are presently dominating Scottish football, I glad to see Ally and Davis being rightly rewarded for a great month of football.

I don't really give it that much credit to be honest but I suppose it gives the guy's a drink of bubbly tonight.

I don't really give it that much credit to be honest but I suppose it gives the guy's a drink of bubbly tonight.

I'm not into awards generally, except the title medals, but it's there and they won it, so it's a little cause for celebration, just not the trophy.

Keep up the good work I'm saying.

Davis was voted mom today again but I question whether it was his mother that was picking it. I thought he had a poor performance.

Same here. I'd say it was btween Whittaker and Naismith.

Same here. I'd say it was btween Whittaker and Naismith.

I actually thought Lafferty had a good game today too. Naismith always looks decent because he is constantly buzzing around.

But if I were to give it to anybody I would give it to Whittaker. After me giving him a hard time for positional sense he then came out and performed admirably defensively whilst also being pretty effective going forward.

Whittaker was my MOTM today.