Newsnetscotland- Opinions On The BBC - Rangers Related

http://www.newsnetscotland.com/index.php/scottish-opinion/3494-is-the-bbcs-getting-too-big-for-its-boots.html

But what of the Rangers â??documentaryâ???

The programme was heavily trailed under the guise of â??newsâ?? on various BBC Scotland TV and radio news programmes, it was clear that BBC Scotland felt that they had a big story.

As a result of this I, and probably many others not steeped in matters Old Firm, watched the broadcast. My thoughts after watching the documentary were that it amounted to no more than a hatchet job on Mr Whyte.

Iâ??m still trying to work out exactly how some disgruntled ex-Rangers board members managed to persuade the publicly owned broadcaster to use scarce resources in order to smear the clubâ??s new owner.

It is worth a read.

I liked this bit.

But it was the subject matter that had me scratching my head; questionable business dealings. If the BBC really wanted to pursue questionable corporate practices and possible institutionalised corruption then surely the place to look would have been the local authority formerly headed by one Steven Purcell.

It isn’t as though Mr Whyte was a former cocaine user with a drink problem who fled the country after being visited by police in council chambers and who set up arms-length companies using public cash and staffed them with party colleagues paying them generous salaries.

The BBC could have investigated dear old Glasgow Council where contracts were awarded to Labour party donors and public funds were used in order to promote Labour and attack the SNP.

But no, BBC Scotland decided to spend public cash ‘investigating’ Craig Whyte for the sole reason that he has, what can best be described as, an up-and-down corporate C.V. and now controls one half of the Old Firm

And this puts my displeasue with the BBC into the correct perspective.

London politics are dominated by Oxbridge educated bufoons, and they treat everyone that has not been to Oxford or Cambridge with contempt.

Me not buying a TV license may not change anything, but it keeps me happy to know that they get none of their wages out of my pocket.