If we can get him on a relatively small fee, I dont see the issue in not paying Aberdeen some cash. To me, it seems that there is something wrong in the rules if a player can leave and still be linked back to a previous club.

23 is far to old to still be considered a youngster and would add that the player must have been at the club for 5 years.

Aberdeen just want to cash in, no matter what. They signed him and put him in the first squad straight away, 27 games per season during his stay tells this story. They bought him for 50k, he is a freebie now, so I actually cannot see the point in them claiming ANY money at all - they just want to cash in. Have we had any precedence to Aberdeen's claim?

Aberdeen just want to cash in, no matter what.

Exactly and that's why they gave us Ricky Foster on loan then turned round after we'd given him some valuable experience and said they wanted mega money to sell him. Absolute chancers! Obviously trying to weasel in on the action after seeing us giving other SPL clubs millions of pounds in the past 5 years. I hope we sign Aluko and they end up getting sweet Fanny Adams!!

I notice that Kerkar won the penalty when he was brought down in the box. He always seems to get mentioned for doing something good but yet never seems to be considered for the first team. Strange!

Interestingly enough, Aluko "follows" rfc_lindsay, rfc_dickson, the RST and TomCommentator on twitter. Wonder how this talk between his agent and the Sheep went.

Regarding Kerkar ... yep, he scored and scores goals in friendlies et al, but hardly gets playing time in the first team. Even now, when Wylde is injured. Sometimes the way we deal with players is ... odd.