Don't want to start another argument about this, but I really think Aberdeen are taking the mickey wanting compensation for Aluko. They bought him for their first team, not as a youth player and they only paid 50 grand for him too. If we sign him I hope we fight the sheep all the way on the compensation issue because I don't see how they have a good enough case to win a tribunal unless the rules on this issue are completely mad.

Agreed.

Should Aberdeen not have paid compensation to Birmingham given he had more of his "development" at Birmingham than he did at the Sheep ?

Ross Perry was saying on Twitter that Fleck ran the show in today's game.

I am hoping he gets a game. I was more impressed by him on Saturday than I was of both Bedoya & McKay. If he played well today, along with his sub's performance on Saturday, give him a game.

Play your form players.

I don't think the compensation should hold up us signing Aluko, unless something changed because it's a 'youth' players compensation???

Was Webster not allowed to play for us, even though Hearts wanted money, or is it complicated by his age?

I read somewhere that the sheep don't have too strong a case and I don't see how that should halt the deal.

Seems Aberdeen will take it all the way to tribunal if they don't get a fee. They would, mind you.

My view is that if he's good enough to improve or add depth to the first team squad, then that is worth taking the chance if the worst case is we have to fork out circa £180k. But for the life of me I can't see how Aberdeen can justify this if they only paid £50k for him.

Should Aberdeen not have paid compensation to Birmingham given he had more of his "development" at Birmingham than he did at the Sheep ?

As far as I know they bought him from Brum, so what they paid for him was essentially the compensation.

I am hoping he gets a game. I was more impressed by him on Saturday than I was of both Bedoya & McKay. If he played well today, along with his sub's performance on Saturday, give him a game.

Play your form players.

Definitely! I'm all for Fleck getting a game and given a proper chance, especially if he's deployed in a position that suits him.

Seems Aberdeen will take it all the way to tribunal if they don't get a fee. They would, mind you.

My view is that if he's good enough to improve or add depth to the first team squad, then that is worth taking the chance if the worst case is we have to fork out circa £180k. But for the life of me I can't see how Aberdeen can justify this if they only paid £50k for him.

Agreed stewarty. £180k is 2 months wages for certain players at Ibrox, so that puts the sum of money into perspective and if you also consider what we paid for the likes of Edu, then it has to be said that a couple of hundred grand for Aluko could be a real bargain.

Agreed stewarty. £180k is 2 months wages for certain players at Ibrox, so that puts the sum of money into perspective and if you also consider what we paid for the likes of Edu, then it has to be said that a couple of hundred grand for Aluko could be a real bargain.

I can understand the reluctance to pay a fee if we feel we have grounds to NOT pay a fee. But I do think that we should just sign him up and take our chance. There's prudence, and there's a team that could do with a wee injection of fresh blood. I have faith that this is the one of the reasons behind the move to snap him up so I am hopeful he might be in the squad for the weekend, but not overly hopeful.

I can understand the reluctance to pay a fee if we feel we have grounds to NOT pay a fee. But I do think that we should just sign him up and take our chance. There's prudence, and there's a team that could do with a wee injection of fresh blood. I have faith that this is the one of the reasons behind the move to snap him up so I am hopeful he might be in the squad for the weekend, but not overly hopeful.

As ever, all we can do is wait and see what happens, but in this case with it being Aberdeen trying to take the piss again (like they did recently demanding serious money for Foster), it wouldn't surprise me if we "cut our nose off to spite our face".