Statement on Whyte by the club

I think that the wording by the club was deliberately misleading - I find it hard to believe that they made an "honest mistake" on the same thing twice (once by not declaring to PLUS and once when they did). Makes little sense to me.

Completely agree. I was just doing the ol' devil's advocate thing in my original reply to Bluedell.... ;)

Regarding the poorly worded SFA regs: I thought that was supposed to be getting sorted out? Were they not supposed to be re-writing them/having them re-written?

It takes a lot of time because it all has to go through the Board(s) and then be approved by the Club in General Meeting, which is once a year unless they call a Special one.

I dont think anything will come of it anyway. Rangers could very easily say "sorry, didnt realise that", have Whyte resign from the Board with immediate effect, then get re-elected in a few months time.

I think the Club will be fined about £10,000 and Whyte will be forced to resign until the 5 years are up.

I think that the wording by the club was deliberately misleading - I find it hard to believe that they made an "honest mistake" on the same thing twice (once by not declaring to PLUS and once when they did). Makes little sense to me.

As I said at #59, I think someone inside the Club has tried to be too clever (perhaps Whyte himself)and just made us look more stupid. It is clearly obfuscation. If it is isn't then ignorance is no defence. This type of statement should be signed off by the Club's lawyers anyway.