Competition for Brown...

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/sport/6029349.html

looks like we might have some competition in signing brown... He seems to be a pretty popular target here on the boards, as he would give us a bit of dig/steel in the midfield and would be the closest we've had to a 'hardman' in a long time!

Also lots of people have hinted that he is of the red white and blue persuasion, so thats one good thing for us, but is a worrying thought and this just higlights the difference in funding the two OF managers have received...

thoughts?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/hi/sport/6029349.html

looks like we might have some competition in signing brown... He seems to be a pretty popular target here on the boards, as he would give us a bit of dig/steel in the midfield and would be the closest we've had to a 'hardman' in a long time!

Also lots of people have hinted that he is of the red white and blue persuasion, so thats one good thing for us, but is a worrying thought and this just higlights the difference in funding the two OF managers have received...

thoughts?

He's Ours I'm teling you

well, i guess that it is beginning to approach the transfer window and so the stories will start to come out so they can sell the papers... but its difficult for me to agree that he's ours until i see him in a gers top at ibrox... unless there is something you'd like to share with us?

It's an interesting one. If his price is £3m then I would have doubts whether we would pay that much.

He could favour Celtic given that his mates are there (Caldwell & Riordon) but he might look at Riordon and think he's never going to get a game.

If he joins Rangers he's got stiff competition for a midfield berth (Fergie, Hemdani, Clement, Burke etc) and his chances might be limited.

Rumour has it that he prefers Rangers so I guess we just need to wait and see. My money is on him being at Easter Road till at least the end of the season, although that opinion might change depending on who gets the managers job

I think we could lose out on him if Celtic have cash to spend in the January window unfortunately. He's a player I'd like to see at Ibrox, but I think things are against us just now considering our extremely limited finances.

I saw that on the evening news cammy, but it was just a very short clip... kinda suggested that there wouldnt be a huge change in the squad and he'd be concentrating on what he has - but surely one signing wouldnt rock the boat?? did he categorically say he wouldnt be signing anyone? some people have seemed rather adimant that we'll be making a signing or two in jan...

Whilst David Murray is still running the club, we will have next to no money to spend in the transfer market - the sooner we all realise this, the sooner we will all stop getting dissapointed when the transfer windows open, then close without us signing anyone of note.

We certainly won't have �£3M for Brown.

Cammy F