Got a tweet from Hemmings............

To me it's more like selling your house, clearing out your bank account, going on a massive bender and then, when you're completely skint with maxed out credit cards, and have debt collectors chasing you, complaining that you're not having as much fun as you did when you were spending all that money. It's just not a valid complaint. It's an even stranger complaint if the second half of the time you were spending the money, you were pretty miserable and angry.

DA may have brought us some great players, but you can't his over-spending (no matter who's fault it was) also brought us the lesser players we've had since. He deserves no more credit than McCoist or Smith and I'd argue they are the ones who deserve a lot more praise. I didn't see DA win three in a row with his massive and financially damaging spending, or get to a European final. However, Walter did both with a fraction of the spending, a very small squad and players being sold from under him.

I agree with GA, DA was fun at the start but in hindsight I really regret it now. It really just wasn't worth it.