Gers consider McCulloch appeal

I think it was quite a harsh red but I don't see any mileage in appealing. For it to work, and I would bow to someone else's knowledge of the rulebook, but wouldn't there need to be some sort of tangible evidence that the referee made a mistake? The evidence is pretty clear that he made contact with the elbow so there is no point taking this further. Plus the referee had a clear view of it.

Saying that, Carey made an absolute sow's ear of that. The reaction was not proportionate to the contact, at least from the various tv angles we saw. So why is that any different to Aluko going down when there was contact v Dunfermline?

So why is that any different to Aluko going down when there was contact v Dunfermline?

World of difference mate. As you say there is no doubt that McCulloch elbowed his opponent which is violent conduct, so he is ordered off. That Carey may have made a meal of it, isn't an issue in McCulloch being sent off. Whatever, contact there was on Aluko, was minimal, and certainly not violent, that is the difference.

World of difference mate. As you say there is no doubt that McCulloch elbowed his opponent which is violent conduct, so he is ordered off. That Carey may have made a meal of it, isn't an issue in McCulloch being sent off. Whatever, contact there was on Aluko, was minimal, and certainly not violent, that is the difference.

So, say Carey had only claimed the foul but hadn't gone down like he did, and stayed down, would the red card have been shown? I think the reaction of the St Mirren player had a big part to play in the decision and as I said, I don't think his reaction was proportionate. Sure the game situation and the nature of the foul are different, but the end result is a player over-reacting to get the decision he wants. I'm not disputing it was a foul, I just think there's a hint of double standards at play.

So, say Carey had only claimed the foul but hadn't gone down like he did, and stayed down, would the red card have been shown? I think the reaction of the St Mirren player had a big part to play in the decision and as I said, I don't think his reaction was proportionate. Sure the game situation and the nature of the foul are different, but the end result is a player over-reacting to get the decision he wants. I'm not disputing it was a foul, I just think there's a hint of double standards at play.

I think when we see it on the box we will see that the ref is looking straight at McCulloch and Carey because he sees the jostling, he sees the elbowing and blows right away. I may be wrong but I don't think Carey going down had much if any part in he refs decision.