Is the request for "clarification" working ?

Not saying its a conspiracy BH but you should read the tackles to cards ratio for the SPL last I saw Rangers where 7.5 tackles between yellow cards, Celtic were 13.5 the constant moaning and intimidation from the Bheasts is paying off.

That can be quite easily explained if the fouls that our guys commit are more severe or for things like holding that automatically earn yellows. Not saying that IS the case, it would need a LOT of research, just that it could be that Celtic players tend to get yellows for persistent infringement rather than one off offences.

Last season in the CL when Naismith was the most fouled player of all teams in the group stages, we had one of the lowest number of fouls but amongst the highest number of bookings for that reason.

Should also have mentioned BH all the SPL are around 7.5 to 8.5 except you know who there's got to be something to it.

Yes GA, I saw the numbers, maybe someone should ask the SPL to do some research?

Actually I know an academic who might ask one if his students to do it!

I think you also have to look at the fact that when Celtic play they have far more of the ball than other teams say 68%. Rangers must be about 50% if you are lucky. If you have the ball you do not commit as many fouls.

You raise some good points Craig, but I think it's just a combination of factors. We're half way through the season. Let's see how the rest of it pans out.

Zappa, I don't think we should wait until it pans out, because by then Celtic will be Champions and the boat will be well and truly over the horizon.

Craig's post is about 'clarification' can anyone on here clarify 'simulation' and whether it only applies when a side 'wins' a penalty or when it happens anywhere else on the field of play?

We've all witnessed defenders running towards the corner flag with striker on heels and the defender 'falls' down and wins a foul for his team with a 'conned' free kick, seem's that this is ok? So why is it only an offence in the penalty box for the attacking team? This rubbish with Aluko can effectively cost us the title, because it will rear it's ugly head again at a more crucial time of the season, and judging by what's going on so far, Rangers will be the ultimate victim.

The 'Clarification' ISN'T WORKING!!

Zappa, I don't think we should wait until it pans out, because by then Celtic will be Champions and the boat will be well and truly over the horizon.

Craig's post is about 'clarification' can anyone on here clarify 'simulation' and whether it only applies when a side 'wins' a penalty or when it happens anywhere else on the field of play?

We've all witnessed defenders running towards the corner flag with striker on heels and the defender 'falls' down and wins a foul for his team with a 'conned' free kick, seem's that this is ok? So why is it only an offence in the penalty box for the attacking team? This rubbish with Aluko can effectively cost us the title, because it will rear it's ugly head again at a more crucial time of the season, and judging by what's going on so far, Rangers will be the ultimate victim.

The 'Clarification' ISN'T WORKING!!

It's easy to start pointing fingers when things aren't going our way, but at the end of the day most of the points we've dropped this season have been because the players on the park didn't do a good enough job. Obviously come the end of the season we'll be able to point to a few games where we were hard done by, but if our players get their shit together all we'll need to be doing is celebrating and quietly remembering the wrongdoings instead of making a meal out of them like the other lot do.

It's easy to start pointing fingers when things aren't going our way, but at the end of the day most of the points we've dropped this season have been because the players on the park didn't do a good enough job. Obviously come the end of the season we'll be able to point to a few games where we were hard done by, but if our players get their shit together all we'll need to be doing is celebrating and quietly remembering the wrongdoings instead of making a meal out of them like the other lot do.

But it isnt just about us. Celtic scored their opener yesterday in time added on at the end of time added on. It isnt just about how we drop points, it is about how they gain points too.

I think you also have to look at the fact that when Celtic play they have far more of the ball than other teams say 68%. Rangers must be about 50% if you are lucky. If you have the ball you do not commit as many fouls.

But the stats referred to are not about the number of fouls. Rather, it is the number of fouls per yellow card. In other words, how many fouls do each team commit, on average, before a yellow card is issued.