Training....

Does anyone actually KNOW what constitutes an average days training @ Murray Park???

How long do the players spend training as a squad/individually etc???

Is there a standard timetable eg fitness fro an hour, then tactics, etc???

I get the impression that something isn't right. St Mirren totally played us off the park, with a team that is worth a fraction of ours. We also have a team full of International grade players, yet they can't string 2 passes together.

Regardless of the Manager's tactics, or team selection, the players on the pitch seem to be struggling. What are teams like St Mirren doing differently to Rangers???

Does anyone actually KNOW what constitutes an average days training @ Murray Park???

I get the impression that something isn't right. St Mirren totally played us off the park, with a team that is worth a fraction of ours. We also have a team full of International grade players, yet they can't string 2 passes together.

Regardless of the Manager's tactics, or team selection, the players on the pitch seem to be struggling. What are teams like St Mirren doing differently to Rangers???

Hopefully all training is done with a ball. Running laps round a track is prehistoric. There are plenty of training situations that are great for condition, movement and ball control.

It does make you wonder !

I was hoping Murray Park was going to produce more youngsters for us, but all it seems to do is produce players for other teams, with little return.

The 'international' players should be ashamed of themselves with some recent perfomances, but I'm more interested in what the newly appointed Director of Football, or his predessor is/has been up to???

Hopefully all training is done with a ball. Running laps round a track is prehistoric. There are plenty of training situations that are great for condition, movement and ball control.

The players need to be in top physical condition....they are supposed to athletes after all.

During a game, they don't always have the ball @ their feet. Running, sprinting turning should be of top importance imho. If the players are fit, they can focus better on what their doing during the game.

I might be completely wrong, but there seems to be a very lackadaisical attitude to training within our first team squad. They don't train for very long each day, maybe 2 or 3 hours and whilst doing that they seem to be walking or standing about having a laugh and a joke half the time. Don't get me wrong, having a laugh is good for team spirit within the squad, but if they're only training for a short period, maybe, just maybe they need to take it a bit more seriously.

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: Durrant isn't an experienced trainer and Kenny McDowell is. Why Kenny was promoted to Assistant manager instead of remaining in his position I'll never know. Maybe it doesn't have any real bearing on things, but maybe it does....

IMO, this bunch of players need a right good kick up the arse and a few of our regular "first on the team sheet" players should be dropped to provide that kick up the arse. A good number of us here have been saying this for ages.

The players need to be in top physical condition....they are supposed to athletes after all.

During a game, they don't always have the ball @ their feet. Running, sprinting turning should be of top importance imho. If the players are fit, they can focus better on what their doing during the game.

All to be done in game situations with a ball at your feet.

Hopefully all training is done with a ball. Running laps round a track is prehistoric.

I sort of agree pete. To me, players should be doing a bit of running on their own time, not when they turn up for training. If they don't like going outside into reality to run in their own time they can buy a running machine to do it.

Training should be all about ball control, passing and practicing the basics of playing football for these players because half of them don't even seem very good at the basics.