With our regular starters in central midfield like Davis, Edu & Jig completely under-performing I've got to say that I think it's a very poor show that Ally is set to send Fleck & Hutton out on loan when they should be getting a chance for us. Instead of that, he'll probably send them on loan then start saying in January that he's looking at bringing in a central midfielder. I'm starting to despair. I really am.

Fleck looked reasonably bright in a friendly against Hamburg, but there's no place for a trequartista in this Rangers team. He is not a central midfielder because he doesn't have the discipline and passing required. I wouldn't deny Davis isn't exactly in form right now, but I can't see the evidence to put Fleck in.

Truth is we need to invest in a good quality creative CM in January, which can only happen if we sell Jelavic.

Doesn't make much sense. Of course game time and experience will be good for them, but why not give them a chance here when our midfield is clearly out of sorts?

Because it's too much of a risk. Our league chances are already starting to fall away, and Ally's thinking will be that putting in 2 relative 'youngsters' who haven't exactly proven themselves is far too much of a gamble and too much pressure on them.

Because it's too much of a risk. Our league chances are already starting to fall away, and Ally's thinking will be that putting in 2 relative 'youngsters' who haven't exactly proven themselves is far too much of a gamble and too much pressure on them.

He wouldn't even need to play them both at the same time necessarily. I'd have Hutton playing alongside Davis any day of the week rather than Edu or Jig. Give Fleck a chance in an advanced role with Jelavic or Lafferty. These guys could be getting game time for us and help us win this league.

Fleck looked reasonably bright in a friendly against Hamburg, but there's no place for a trequartista in this Rangers team. He is not a central midfielder because he doesn't have the discipline and passing required. I wouldn't deny Davis isn't exactly in form right now, but I can't see the evidence to put Fleck in.

Truth is we need to invest in a good quality creative CM in January, which can only happen if we sell Jelavic.

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a trequartista and is Fleck one? He seems to be a player in search of a role, much like Adam was - if you remember we were unable to accommodate him and Ferguson in the same central midfield. Would hate for Fleck to go on and 'do an Adam' as it were.

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is a trequartista and is Fleck one? He seems to be a player in search of a role, much like Adam was - if you remember we were unable to accommodate him and Ferguson in the same central midfield. Would hate for Fleck to go on and 'do an Adam' as it were.

I looked it up on Wicki, I guess the literal translation would be "three-quarters" or something like that:

Deep-lying forwards have a long history in the game, but the terminology to describe them has varied over the years. Originally such players were termed inside forwards, or deep-lying centre forwards. More recently, two more variations of this old type of player have developed: the second or shadow or support or auxiliary striker and, in what is in fact a distinct position unto its own, the Number 10, the Trequartista who is often described as an attacking midfielder or the playmaker.

The second striker position is a loosely-defined and often misapplied one somewhere between the out-and-out striker, whether he is a target-man or more of a poacher, and the Number 10 or Trequartista, while possibly showing some of the characteristics of both. In fact, a coined term, the "nine-and-a-half", has been an attempt to define the position. Conceivably, a Number 10 can alternate as a second-striker provided that he is also a prolific goalscorer, otherwise a striker who can both score and create opportunities for a less versatile centre forward is more suited. This has been true of natural trequartistas like Roberto Baggio, Francesco Totti, and Alessandro Del Piero, and outside of Italy the likes of Kenny Dalglish who seldom played in a team formation which permitted them the creative license to play as a number 10 and so they adapted themselves to the second-striker role. Second or support strikers do not tend to get as involved in the orchestration of attacks, nor bring as many other

So I think Fleck IS one, in that his best position in my opinion is behind the main striker but not as others have said an attacking midfileder per se.