Things could be worse.

If we finish second in the SPL and win one of the cups this season then it's improvement on last season. Which despite all the doom and gloom is still an easily achievable target. That's all we wanted to see with the new manager.

If this does happen then there will be more funds to strengthen the squad again and build on this for the following season in order to make a decent title challenge.

Yep, 2nd place shouldn't be beyond us but we need to start winning games. Our lack of consistency is worrying.

Yes inconsistency is a problem and it's very reminiscent of Hibs who turn it on one day and are anonymous the next.

Most people have put Hibs' inconsistency down to having a talented but very young team. There seems to be a correlation there with Rangers at the moment.

Maybe we need a couple of older heads to steady the younger ones.

I always think the best teams are the ones with a good blend of youth and experience and we don't really have that at the moment at all.

I watched my first Rangers game in the late 60's,and i've watched some pretty duff teams put together with some pretty duff individuals as well,yet i would say this current side,for all it's meant to have certain ''Star'' players in it,is probably about the most clueless and most disjointed side i've ever had the mispleasure to watch.

A rudderless ship would describe them to a tee.

:yawn: :ffs:

I'll agree F.T. that we look 'disjointed' a lot of the time.

But..................I'd rather have the current squad than return to the days of Capucho, Ostenstad, etc.

The players just now need time to knit together imo.

I've been watching since the very early 60's and have seen FAR worse than what we have now.

But, point taken "disjointed" sums them up for the moment. :sigh:

Yep, 2nd place shouldn't be beyond us but we need to start winning games. Our lack of consistency is worrying.

This is the thing I find hard to take....

2nd place..and it isnt even November!!

:(

I'll agree F.T. that we look 'disjointed' a lot of the time.

But..................I'd rather have the current squad than return to the days of Capucho, Ostenstad, etc.

The players just now need time to knit together imo.

I've been watching since the very early 60's and have seen FAR worse than what we have now.

But, point taken "disjointed" sums them up for the moment. :sigh:

I was thinking in terms of the likes of players like Ally Scott the Craig Patersons,the Cammy Frasers,the Willie Mathiesons etc of this world mate,we sure had some lead footed players playing with us,but somehow,for some insane reason, we still managed to pick up the odd trophy here and there with them,we never used to know when to give up,we were always a side that went for the full 90 minutes in agame,and more often than not,we were also the side in Scotland more likely to score a goal at the death just like we did against the sheep the other week,we were well known for it....I agree the Capucho's and the Egil Ohsobads were every bit as bad,but at least we at some point had one player in the side whom we looked to to ignite that ''Spark'' to lift us through a game and drag us from the depths of desperation..I just don't see anyone in the side at present who can do that for us,Captain Barry included.

:ffs:

I'd rather have the current squad than return to the days of Capucho, Ostenstad, etc.

Agree with that, the difference is we KNOW the players we have at the moment are capable of performing better than they are doing at the moment. The likes of Ostenstad were just desperate signings.