Rangers suspended from PLUS

There's no indication that Whyte will take us private, just that he'll take us off the PLUS market listing (after a year from takeover has passed).

Public/private is a separate issue from listed/unlisted.

There were 16 trades in our shares in the last 4 months - a paltry 1 a week.

Looks like CW's original promise will become reality and that RFC will be off PlusNet come May.

There will certainly be less bureaucracy to annoy CW or tie his hands.

I'm cagey and think all stakeholders should stick together and press CW for some kind of transparency.

Guest Dutchy

I don't see what all the worry is for. As stated in the statement, we hardly trade many shares and I can't see it effecting the way we operate. The tax case is the thing that could break us, not our status of buy and selling shares.

Anyway, does this mean no shares can not be bought or sold at all? Surely if you wanted to gift someone shares in a will, or such like inheritance, that would be a change of owner, so can't people agree between themselves to buy/sell shares without the stockmarkets say so?

Maybe someone who knows about these matters can explain to me how our shares could be suspended from trading when that isn't even one of the disciplinary sanctions in the PLUS Markets rules.

APPENDIX 7 Disciplinary Sanctions

Where an issuer has breached its responsibilities under these Rules, one or more of the following

sanctions may be ordered:

• a reprimand;
  • a fine of up to £100,000;
  • withdrawal of the issuer‟s securities from trading on the PLUS market; and
  • publication of such sanction and the reasons for it.

Where a PLUS Corporate Adviser has breached its responsibilities under these Rules, one or more of

the following sanctions may be ordered:

• a reprimand;
  • the suspension, variation or withdrawal of the PLUS Corporate Adviser’s membership; and

Maybe someone who knows about these matters can explain to me how our shares could be suspended from trading when that isn't even one of the disciplinary sanctions in the PLUS Markets rules.

APPENDIX 7 Disciplinary Sanctions

Where an issuer has breached its responsibilities under these Rules, one or more of the following

sanctions may be ordered:

• a reprimand;
  • withdrawal of the issuer‟s securities from trading on the PLUS market; and

Where a PLUS Corporate Adviser has breached its responsibilities under these Rules, one or more of

the following sanctions may be ordered:

• a reprimand;
  • the suspension, variation or withdrawal of the PLUS Corporate Adviser’s membership; and

It is right there Zappa. Securities=shares