What do you think of the season so far?

I'm only creating this thread because someone posted a "What do you think of our pre-season" after a disastrous run of defeats, most notably against amateurs Sportfreunde Lotte.

Back then it was the customary slagging of management and players.....has anything changed?

Is there hope for The Rangers?

Are we capable of doing 'The Double' or will we slump to our worst season since 2007?

What do you really think 2011-12 will deliver? A 'Glorious Double'?

Do we need to add to our squad? We certainly need a fresh striker or two, who would you like added to the squad...O'Conner, Sandaza, Boyd? Do we need another midfielder?

Who MUST stay? McGregor? Jelavic? Davis? Edu? :brick:

I think this season has been poor to average at best so far.

A double early (and in my mind an unacceptable) exit from Europe, a dreadful defeat to Falkirk and a selection of moribund performances in the league have shown that we lack the genuine quality to compete across competitions.

Sure, we can still easily win this league (and cup) and Celtic are really no better either but I was really hoping for more this season - not just from the players and new manager but from the new owner.

As it stands we're drowning in a sea of mediocrity and, while there are some genuine reasons for this under-performance, I'm disappointed not to have seen many indications of improvement.

No matter, we will follow on but I really want to see more from everyone at the club. Much more.

A bit like a train crash to be honest. Started off slowly, managed to reach full speed but has come off the rails recently!

A 3-0 home win against Motherwell and a 4-0 away win against Arbroath doesn't change my mind.

Must do better is my opinion, average pre-season, poor European campaign, poor CIS cup campaign flattered to deceive in most league matches and lost a significant lead. We seem to be getting ourselves back together in the past couple of matches.

Failure to reach either the CL or EL group stages changed everything for the season. If we had made it into the CL group stages and had the same results and performances as we have done outwith European competition, most people would be extremely satisfied with how things were going football-wise. We can still win the title and we can still win the Scottish Cup, but those European exits just put a MAJOR dampener on the whole season. For Ally to even be able to consider calling the season a success given the Euro exits, we now need to win the league. Winning the league = success.

Having said that.... far more experienced managers than Ally have won hee haw, so he'll still have my support for the 2012/13 season if we don't win the league or Scottish Cup this season.

Europe this season was a disaster, simple as that. Its a massive part of our club and the fashion in which we went out this year was awful as a supporter.

However, as much as I am gutted we allowed them anywhere near 1st place, we had to take a dip in form at one point this year. Celtic had theirs earlier in the season and now we have (I hope) went through ours so it should be interesting battle.

There is no denying that so far I have been disappointed with Europe, allowing Celtic closing the gap and our some of signings to be questionable but I certainly do believe that we could still go on and win the double.

Europe this season was a disaster, simple as that. Its a massive part of our club and the fashion in which we went out this year was awful as a supporter.

However, as much as I am gutted we allowed them anywhere near 1st place, we had to take a dip in form at one point this year. Celtic had theirs earlier in the season and now we have (I hope) went through ours so it should be interesting battle.

There is no denying that so far I have been disappointed with Europe, allowing Celtic closing the gap and our some of signings to be questionable but I certainly do believe that we could still go on and win the double.

Made 3 bad signings in Ortiz, Bedoya and McKay. Otherwise Ally has actually done quite well in the signings department so far.