Rangers players targeted in Twitter racist abuse

Do a Google m8, see if any stories actually use Rangers allegiances in relation to the lads who ended up in court over it.

I agree Danny they didn't, but if I remember right they broke the story from outside Ibrox. Although I could be wrong as usual. :thup:

CELITC FAN'S RACIST ATTACKS ON RANGERS AND THE H WORD

THE news that Strathclyde Police have launched a probe into racist attacks by a Celtic fan on Mo Edu and Kyle Bartley has been met with a familiar outbreak of hypocrisy on more than one Celtic web site.

I say hypocrisy, for while the Celtic sites rightly condemn the disgusting language used by one of their own folk, they have stopped short of criticising the disgaraceful H word, used by Celtic supporters as a low slur aimed at Protestants.

While the Celtic sites rightly insist the colour of a person’s skin gives nobody of a different race the right to use ancient insults, they do not seem to similarly agree a person’s religion should not see him compared to the SS Death Camp guards, the Gestapo and the exterminators of six million Jews, the German Nazis, known as Huns.

A sadist in leather boots wearing the SS insignia, the sinister Gestapo, Joseph Mengele and Adolf Hiter and his goose stepping evil cohorts. That’s what I think of when the insult Huns is used.

Not honest working class Protestants, who may chose to support Rangers, or Motherwell, or Hearts.

But despite the fact that Strathclyde Police assistant chief constable, Campbell Corrigan has made it clear that the H word is now illegal, some Celtic fans, with Jeanette Findlay of the Celtic Trust, Joe O’Rourke from the Official Celtic Supporters Association, plus the members of the deeply Fascist Green Brigade seeming to be to many to be in the vanguard, refuse to accept this new law.

It would be particularly nice to hear what Findlay and O’Rourke have to say on the matter. And of their view on the racist attacks two Rangers players have suffered from a Celtic supporter.

It would also be interesting if someone from the so secretive Green Brigade would take off their balaclava, reveal themselves and give us the Green Brigade’s views.

What will most certainly be even more interesting to discover is what will happen after the racist Celtic supporter is identified by the polis, lifted and dealt with by the full Majesty of Scottish Law .

If, for instance, he is a season ticket holder at Parkhead, will Celtic chief executive, Peter Lawwell step in and remove that ticket? If the culprit isn’t, will Lawwell still make sure he is banned from Parkhead?

Mind you, the sectarian Celtic thug who attacked a Rangers captain is still at large, as is the hate filled bigot who attacked the Rangers doctor, both of these shameful incidents happening at Parkhead.

And only one Celtic sectarian thug has been banned by Lawwell following the night Celtic disgraced Scotland in Italy in December. That is something I am sure UEFA will take into account when they decide on the severity of the punishment for the club’s fans’ latest outrage, which made them serious serial offenders.

What happened in Italy and its ramifications for Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan’s pal and fellow SFA board buddy, Lawwell, Celtic and the club's relationship with UEFA, is a matter I will be returning to.

Until then we have to assume that Celtic supporters believe white Protestants should not be afforded the same dignity of their race and religion, that they believe others – for instance, Bartley and Edu – deserve.

Hypocrisy only begins to describe the Celtic stance.

Edited by ian1964

I agree Danny they didn't, but if I remember right they broke the story from outside Ibrox. Although I could be wrong as usual. :thup:

I didn't actually see the report, or did I, but that was only the BBC. No one else did that.

The mutants have excelled themselves over this. He was a Rangers fan posing as a Celtic fan until his ex Mrs appeared and confirmed he was both a "junkie" and a Celtic fan (aren't most of them?). Then they turned on each other excluding him from the "Celtic Family". has there ever been a more sinister term?