Rangers Open London Office

I may have had an overemphasised negative feeling from the posts but maybe people are being less critical than it seemed. However, I didn't see anyone being unrealistically optimistic about it to bring back down to earth and surely the whole venture had a lot of pre-thought and planning which will not have been totally unrealistic?

Hopefully but after years of seeing such ventures being a waste of time and money, it's difficult to be optimistic.

I do know that when VVV. Venlo signed Keisuke Honda they made a lot of Money on TV rights for their games in Japan plus merchandise. I would imagine that Celtic also increased their shirt sales in Japan with Nakamura.

TV rights are shared between all the clubs. So the pittance Celtic would make in a foreign market (if at all) would benefit all clubs.

Also aren't most shirts in Asia fakes therefore it is unlikely significant sales would be made there.

I do know that when VVV. Venlo signed Keisuke Honda they made a lot of Money on TV rights for their games in Japan plus merchandise. I would imagine that Celtic also increased their shirt sales in Japan with Nakamura.

Keisuke Honda is a massive star in Japan, so official merchandise for such a player would probably be a decent money spinner. A player like that would definitely be an exception to the rule, but it would need to be a huge star like that for it to be worth our while IMO.

Another little trinket that tells me that Mr Whyte does indeed have a cunning plan. If I'm way off the mark then I'll hang my head in shame but something tells me that Craigy is a step ahead of most folks when it comes to business. Nothing he done so far tells me anything else...the court cases tell me that he plays hardball at the drop of a hat and isn't afraid to make the big decisions even if it means potential disgruntled ex-employees etc. His first action was to tie up our playing asset on long contracts and since then his hands have been tied by HMRC. Whatever his cunning plan is, I don't see it having a negative impact on the club. People should think about where we would be without him.

Another little trinket that tells me that Mr Whyte does indeed have a cunning plan. If I'm way off the mark then I'll hang my head in shame but something tells me that Craigy is a step ahead of most folks when it comes to business. Nothing he done so far tells me anything else...the court cases tell me that he plays hardball at the drop of a hat and isn't afraid to make the big decisions even if it means potential disgruntled ex-employees etc. His first action was to tie up our playing asset on long contracts and since then his hands have been tied by HMRC. Whatever his cunning plan is, I don't see it having a negative impact on the club. People should think about where we would be without him.

The only problem there is that we havent won any yet , all we have done is incur legal costs on top of paying what we owe , the BBC have yet to be served legal papers over the documentary and the playing squad is wafer thin , but hey I love the optimism

The only problem there is that we havent won any yet , all we have done is incur legal costs on top of paying what we owe , the BBC have yet to be served legal papers over the documentary and the playing squad is wafer thin , but hey I love the optimism

Wouldn't say the playing squad is wafer thin, we actually have a good squad of players for a change.

Wouldn't say the playing squad is wafer thin, we actually have a good squad of players for a change.

However....it appears thinner that it actually is due to some players not getting played (but that's for another thread....)