Rangers Open London Office

taking a slightly more positive spin.....

At least something is being done on the commercial in order to boost income. Whyte has said that they need to raise income levels, and obviously see this London office as a way of doing this (not sure how the location has an impact though....).

Maybe its not just international endeavors that are being pursued.....Having an office down there may make dealing with "local" teams easier & more efficient. Also it may not simply be "shirt sales" income that's being boosted....they may be chasing more corporate income - sponsorship's etc.

Time will tell (as with most things) if the venture is a success......why write it off before its really begun??? I see it as trying to push forward the commercial/business side, which if its pulling in the readies....will get passed onto the playing side.

Having said that, one thing that would maybe make it worthwhile would be signing an Asian star player, but it would need to be a player who plays for a relatively successful national team in a country which is really into football and India doesn't come into that bracket, so that's why we weren't overly hysteric about the Indian trialists here on the forum.

Dont think even that would make a difference. Dont honestly believe all the Asian signings Celtic have made has made them any real money.

I do know that when VVV. Venlo signed Keisuke Honda they made a lot of Money on TV rights for their games in Japan plus merchandise. I would imagine that Celtic also increased their shirt sales in Japan with Nakamura.

Not sure how this will work but at least they are being proactive. I really don't get the wave of criticism and negativity - especially when the club have been highly criticised on here for ignoring foreign markets in the past.

It just seems the club can't win - or people don't half love to moan... :fish:

I do know that when VVV. Venlo signed Keisuke Honda they made a lot of Money on TV rights for their games in Japan plus merchandise. I would imagine that Celtic also increased their shirt sales in Japan with Nakamura.

yes but surely it was Nike that made the money not septic , plus all increases in foreign tv revenue are pooled

Not sure how this will work but at least they are being proactive. I really don't get the wave of criticism and negativity - especially when the club have been highly criticised on here for ignoring foreign markets in the past.

It just seems the club can't win - or people don't half love to moan... :fish:

I don't think anyone is criticising the club for doing it. It's just that some of us are sceptical as to the benefit, particularly in the current economic environment and given the image of the SPL or lack of in some markets. However it's certainly worth a go providing our commitment isn't too significant.

I don't see the problem in reviewing this with a touch of realism.

I may have had an overemphasised negative feeling from the posts but maybe people are being less critical than it seemed. However, I didn't see anyone being unrealistically optimistic about it to bring back down to earth and surely the whole venture had a lot of pre-thought and planning which will not have been totally unrealistic?

given the image of the SPL or lack of in some markets.

Surely that will be something that they will be looking to change??? Increased exposure of the team in potential markets - sales & corporate!!!

The one part I don't get is having it in London as opposed to an office @ Ibrox/Murray park....does location play a major part of it???

Surely that will be something that they will be looking to change??? Increased exposure of the team in potential markets - sales & corporate!!!

The one part I don't get is having it in London as opposed to an office @ Ibrox/Murray park....does location play a major part of it???

Would the big business that we need to meet not be easier in London, also what's more impressive a meeting at Rangers London Office or Sunny Bearsden.

Hope this leads to a new sponsor when the time comes and away from this stupid tie up with Septic.