New Club Captain

S_A the snub would probably make him quite annoyed if he was overlooked, would affect his morale if was effectively stripped of the captaincy.

It wouldn't really be being "stripped" of the captaincy like Fergie was when it went to Weir though, it would just be getting asked if he'd be happy to hand over the armband to a more experienced captain in Boca. He might actually like the idea of handing it over if asked nicely....

It wouldn't really be being "stripped" of the captaincy like Fergie was when it went to Weir though, it would just be getting asked if he'd be happy to hand over the armband to a more experienced captain in Boca. He might actually like the idea of handing it over if asked nicely....

As you say it might not be stripped but the player himself might actually see it as that.

I think PLG was totally correct there is far too much emphasis put on this captain thing especially at Rangers. I don't hear any other clubs glorifying it so much as us. If someone has to be a voice in the field then it should be the last man or possibly the keeper as they have the best view of what is happening.

As you say it might not be stripped but the player himself might actually see it as that.

All Ally would need to do is talk to Davis and ask him if he'd rather be captain or if he'd rather Boca was made captain and ask him to mull it over for a few days. That way Davis gets to decide, although if asked I think he'd say he'll keep the armband because it's probably better for his career. In other words: I think he'd be selfish like loads of players would and choose what's best for him, rather than what's best for the team. Could be wrong though!

I think PLG was totally correct there is far too much emphasis put on this captain thing especially at Rangers. I don't hear any other clubs glorifying it so much as us. If someone has to be a voice in the field then it should be the last man or possibly the keeper as they have the best view of what is happening.

The captain issue isn't isolated to Rangers at all. English clubs are exactly the same, so are other Scottish clubs, and Italian clubs as well.

If anything, possibly France is the odd country out.

All Ally would need to do is talk to Davis and ask him if he'd rather be captain or if he'd rather Boca was made captain and ask him to mull it over for a few days. That way Davis gets to decide, although if asked I think he'd say he'll keep the armband because it's probably better for his career. In other words: I think he'd be selfish like loads of players would and choose what's best for him, rather than what's best for the team. Could be wrong though!

If Ally asked Davis directly I think he'd read between the lines and see Ally doesn't want him to be captain any more.

Davis may be upset publicly, but he could also be privately over the moon to get this burden of his back.

We'll just have to wait until he writes his book, and even then, will we know the truth of it.

Boca is a good choice, but if Naismith was fit, I'd have him as captian as the captain has to be someone that talks a lot and Naisy can moan like no-one else in the team. lol