Mervan Celik Signs three-and-a-half year deal

Thinking the same things here Dan! :tu:

When you getting married btw? :D

!5th of April mate in Queensland then be living in Melbourne. Gers supporters club had just started before i left 9 months ago so be good to see how it's grown when i get back.

Speaking of diamonds, wonder if Ally can find one for my wife to be? Ain't got her a ring yet :-(

Turks,Greeks they are brought up in very passionate footballing countries so it's in their blood to play with passion. It's the least you can expect from players from these countries.

Mervan Celik, while of Turkish parents, was born in Sweden, so there's another aspect to what you're suggesting here Dan.

When these guys are living and playing in a country that's foreign to their family, their family will have had to deal with all the different pros & cons of being immigrants, so the kids like Mervan often strive to better themselves and succeed for pride and for their families.

Does that make sense? I think it does if you look at the relatively large number of successful immigrant families in the UK, but also countries like Sweden (in this case) and a good few others in the EU are pretty good examples of this. Germany, France and many others are great examples.

In other words, it wouldn't surprise me at all if this lad bursts a gut to be successful and he seems to be doing exactly that.

!5th of April mate in Queensland then be living in Melbourne.

Congrats mate!! :)

Edited by Zappa

P.S i didn't say anything about any other nationality but for example,Some African players have a bit of a reputation for being lazy,money grabbing and having no loyalty. Turks,Greeks they are brought up in very passionate footballing countries so it's in their blood to play with passion. It's the least you can expect from players from these countries.

I will certainly not argue against your experience.

Personally, I'm not sure about the Turkish players' attitude to football, my only experience is being in Bursa and whilst the fans were very friendly I didn't see any particular evidence that they were more passionate about football than Spaniards or Italians for example. Think Novo and Amaruso, for example, both of whom became very passionate about our Club.

On the playing front, in terms of Greeks; contrast ther passion of Kyrgiakos with the apparent disinterest of Samaras!

I will certainly not argue against your experience.

Personally, I'm not sure about the Turkish players' attitude to football, my only experience is being in Bursa and whilst the fans were very friendly I didn't see any particular evidence that they were more passionate about football than Spaniards or Italians for example. Think Novo and Amaruso, for example, both of whom became very passionate about our Club.

On the playing front, in terms of Greeks; contrast ther passion of Kyrgiakos with the apparent disinterest of Samaras!

Kyrgiakos/Samuarse, fair point. But i didn't say the were more passionate than Italians or Spaniards. Your examples of Novo and Amo. Well Amoruso was captain of Fiorentina when we signed him. Meaning that he was a good leader and an inspiration ala passion.

Wee Novo,well the wee man is a Scotsman born into a Spanish family,fire and brimstone. He was also no stranger to the passion and demands needed to play in Scotland before he came to us.