Andrew Ellis appointed as a director and Phil Betts resigns

The RST, RSA, VB and no doubt others have apparently had face-to-face Q&A sessions with Craig Whyte and not ONE of them have asked questions about where he and his partners in the venture see an "opportunity".

THe question may have been asked but wasn't answered or wasn't allowed to be published.

Edited by Bluedell

Any development of that property should be for the benefit of the club, not the benefit of a few individuals.

That's OK in theory but if the club can't provide any finance to get the project set up then it's unlikely it will get any direct benefit, but there should be indirect benefits.

There's also a business risk involved and it may be better if we aren't involved.

I'm not convinced that the same economic situation exists as it did in 2007 and therefore I'm not sure if any such project will get off the ground any time soon.

I was led to believe Betts was only on loan to us from his own company to advise Whyte on financial restructuring and the implications of the tax case. Said case is over so his job is done, as for Ellis I'll give him time until he does something that is detrimental to Rangers, remember its a non-ex place.

You have to remember, all you haters of everything Whyte if you try to find dirt on somebody hard enough you will.

Edited by GovanAllan

Any development of that property should be for the benefit of the club, not the benefit of a few individuals.

If we lose the tax case and the Club goes into administration, Whyte will own the property. If we win the tax case and he goes on to develop the property he should be able to sell his shares in the Club at a handsome profit in 5-10 years time, which was Ellis' plan.

Could we be looking into this too much? Perhaps Betts has just resigned for Whyte's other companies because he's got a new job and therefore had to resign from Rangers as well and Whyte felt that Ellis was the logical person to appoint as the other director?