Wholesale change

What would folks views be if McCoist decided to completely change about his starting 11 to include the likes of McMillan/Hutton/McKay/Bedoya to name a few. Goes out with a fresh game plan, fresh legs on the pitch, and on paper certainly looks like it will do the job, only to get beaten on matchday???

Would he be praised for TRYING something different, to shake things up a bit, or would be be run out of town for not sticking with his tried & trusted formation/team/tactics???

If he did revamp....what team/layout would you like to see???

How about:

:am:

:jmo: :dg: :cb::lw:

:ab: :kh: :mm:

:sa:..........................................................:mc:

:nj:

Ortiz or McMillan @ right back.

Aluko & Celik given somewhat of free roles to man the wings or drift in to support Jellyfish more

Alternatively, you could have Aluko in that free role, with Jelavic & Celik (or some other striker) up front.

Most importantly though, would the fans praise him for at least trying to gee things up a bit, or would they chastise him for changing???

Edited by Darthter

It's got to be McMillan at right back rather than Ortiz, surely? Ortiz doesn't have the pace, and doesn't look like a full back to me.

I'd keep with Papac at left back, despite his honking performance at the w/e. He generally has looked more secure than Wallace in that position.

Not sure why you've kept Davis in and dropped Edu. Edu has generally been better than Davis for the last few months and if anyone needs dropped than it's Davis. Your midfield looks a bit light-weight anyway.

I prefer Aluko playing wide rather than in the free role behind the striker.

It's got to be McMillan at right back rather than Ortiz, surely? Ortiz doesn't have the pace, and doesn't look like a full back to me.

I'd keep with Papac at left back, despite his honking performance at the w/e. He generally has looked more secure than Wallace in that position.

Not sure why you've kept Davis in and dropped Edu. Edu has generally been better than Davis for the last few months and if anyone needs dropped than it's Davis. Your midfield looks a bit light-weight anyway.

I prefer Aluko playing wide rather than in the free role behind the striker.

Valid points....I've edited the original lineup, taking Davis out - don't know why I put him in, since he's been one of the main culprits....

The role in the middle of mid-field could be interchangeable with Ness/Hutton/Edu etc

As for Ortiz, many folk have commented that he was playing RB in spain, and performing well....so why not give him a chance???

Nothing ventured nothing gained Darther would keep Edu in their seems to be the only one playing with a bit of passion at the moment.

Wait for howls thou if it went tits up, if it's one thing we all know a change at Rangers is only accepted if it works straight from the off anything else will get you hung.

Wait for howls thou if it went tits up, if it's one thing we all know a change at Rangers is only accepted if it works straight from the off anything else will get you hung.

That's the big problem....if it works, it's hailed as a master stroke....anything else & your an eejit. Ironically, it'll be the same folk that would criticise the loss due to too many changes that would shout & scream that the team is stale & needs freshening up....ye cannae win!!!

The role in the middle of mid-field could be interchangeable with Ness/Hutton/Edu etc

Ness and Edu could be a possibility, and may work brilliantly but I get the feeling we're not going to see young Jamie for a while due to his injury problems. :( I don't see edu and Hutton as a pairing that would work.

I don't honestly think we can afford to drop Davis, argueably our best player. Even out of form I would still say he was one of our better performers.

What I would do is switch him out to the right, where he gets far more room and and is very good at covering for the right back. Is also able to come inside to give us three in the middle when needed.

What I would do is switch him out to the right, where he gets far more room and and is very good at covering for the right back. Is also able to come inside to give us three in the middle when needed.

If I recall, think it was last season....the fans were up in arms, wanting Davis to play a more preferred central role. I think one of the biggest problems for Davis of late is that he has been sitting too deep performing defensive duties - he should be further up the field trying to orchestrate an attack.

That would be the beauty of the 3-man midfield.....one person could drop deeper to assist defence when required, but you also have the options of pushing someone forward to play just behind Jelavic as well, while still maintaining a midfield 2 for stability.