Wholesale change

First thing he needs to change are his coaches and scouts.

I think that is a fair point. If you look at how other teams in the league are performing with "lesser quality" players, they are giving the OF a decent test. The question has to be asked then, is it the players, the coaches or a combination of both. I would suggest in those instances that there is something that the coaches are doing that we are not!!!

Maybe a "coaching revolution" is what is required, rather than new playing staff. McCoist is supposed to be a young, fresh coach, yet nothing appears to have changed since WS. So far, Ally doesn't appear to be getting anywhere near the best out of his players....

The main problem with your theory Darthter is that the games played on grass, not paper!

That is a big flaw with the theory.....but my original point was about McCoist taking it from paper & applying to the pitch....

If you look at how other teams in the league are performing with "lesser quality" players, they are giving the OF a decent test. The question has to be asked then, is it the players, the coaches or a combination of both. I would suggest in those instances that there is something that the coaches are doing that we are not!!!

In what way are they giving us a decent test? In the 11 years we've been playing the split and 38 games, Rangers have averaged 85 points per season, if you extrapolate our current haul to the end of the season (simplistic I know but let's keep it simple) then we could be heading for 87 points total and so slightly above average. We have won the league with 87 and 86 points in that time.

Celtic have averaged about 91 points in the same period and now look to be heading for 93 points and so they are also performing above average. Of course, we have to play the better teams more times in the rest of the season but an adjustment for that still makes both side look average and definitely not worse.

Statistically Rangers don't seem to be playing that badly as we top the shots and shots on target table as well as conceding the least goals. It just seems we're not converting those chances enough.

Turning a 9 point lead into a 4 point deficit in a matter of months shows a very worrying lack of form but a season is more than a bad run, it takes the good runs into account too. What are the odds against us going on another long unbeaten run while Celtic break their good run with a couple of bad results? Not very high I in my opinion.

Celtic fans could have written off their season (and probably did) when they were 12points behind with one less game played but look where they are now - what were the odds of that?

I'd rather be in our position now than their's then and we're close enough to still be in the hunt - although I can see the negatively coming from the team's form not suggesting a great turnaround is imminent. However, good runs and bad runs usually come to an end fairly quickly and virtually the same squad have shown they can get the results.

I would say that nothing is predictable between the fortunes two OF sides at the moment and only total losers give up at the first sign of adversity.

A few gave up this time last year and just looked like pathetic surrender monkeys come the final day.

I think the best thing that supporters can do, is to get behind the team and support them and the manager. The latter is not a failure quite yet.