Whyte and McCoist bust up?

But why sell Jelavic if administration/liquidation are possible depending upon the outcome of the HMRC case , it just means that anymoney goes straight to the administrator

That's a very fair point and one that I have discussed with a number of people. However, if we do go into administration then effectively HMRC will get all the assets except the ground, i.e. the players and sell any that they can and just retain enough to fulfil the fxitures. So in that scenario it doesn't really matter.

BUT, if we win the case, then we need money for the wages, so........

I hope I'm wrong but they can't eek out the season ticket money for ever.

We should have seen this all along. There was never going to be 5 or 6 million on the table. Best bet would be a few hundred thousand and the wages from Davie Weir and whoever else leaves.

The lack of CL money has left a big black hole.

As it did in 2008, which really was the source of much of our current problem. We pay wages that can only be justified if we are in the CL, so if we aren't then our bum is out the window.

Twice in 4 years isn't sustainable.

My understanding is that we simply don't have enough money to pay the wages till the end of the season, so we need to sell Jelavic or Davis to make ends meet.

Did Ally and Whyte know this when Davis, McGregor and Whittaker received a tidy wee wage rise at the start of the season?

Weir was on about £15,000+/ week

Add that to Fleck's wage and we've probably freed up over £20k p/w in the past week. Celik won't be on anywhere near that. Probably not even as much as £10k, so we've definitely freed up wages already this month. Darren Cole and Kal Naismith have went out on loan too, although perhaps the Jags won't be picking up their full wage.

I doubt this rumour very much. CW has not fulfilled his promises, but neither has the team perfomances, so I'm sure Ally was well aware of the situation as regards any money for Jelavic.

another point is that Ally said they will not be selling Jelavic days before the window closes as we'd need time to find a replacement. If there's any cause for a disagreement between Ally and CW, it would be the decision to sell Jelavic at such short notice. As yet, there has been no bid received, although enquires could have been made, which is what would upset Ally if he were left short on goalscorers.

It's not the first time this season that there's been rumours started about a so-called "bust-up" between Ally and Whyte. I can't see it happening even if they have words/disagreements. Ally wouldn't walk out and leave the club in the lurch even although a number of fans would be happy if he did because they want rid of him.

That's a very fair point and one that I have discussed with a number of people. However, if we do go into administration then effectively HMRC will get all the assets except the ground, i.e. the players and sell any that they can and just retain enough to fulfil the fxitures. So in that scenario it doesn't really matter.

BUT, if we win the case, then we need money for the wages, so........

I hope I'm wrong but they can't eek out the season ticket money for ever.

There seems to be a lot of debate over the HMRC claim post thetax case (if they win ) this 75% ruling to block a cva is mentioned , but we also know that CW is owed circa £18 million plus what ever management fees etc he has ramped up , we have mortaged off season ticket money and income from catering , I dont know what the scenario is with players wages , given in the past players must be paid , I would seriously doubt whether the HMRC amount would stand up to the 75% ruling