More lies from management

ALLY McCOIST hung Rangers' chief operations officer Ali Russell out to dry — by admitting Nikica Jelavic DIDN'T tell him he wanted out of Ibrox.

Russell had insisted that Jelavic personally told McCoist he was anxious to leave Gers on Monday — 24 hours before he clinched his £6million move to Everton.

But that claim was shot down by the Croat striker — who says he'd have stayed if the offer had been rejected.

And McCoist poured even more petrol on the flames of controversy by supporting Jelavic's stance.

Asked directly what had happened, McCoist said: "I'd a good chat with Nikica Jelavic on Monday — and he has NEVER asked me to leave the club. But what I would say is that he has always maintained that he has wanted to play in the English Premiership.

"That's where I would leave it."

McCoist was snapped leaving Ibrox sharply on transfer deadline day — and he appeared to be fizzing at the news he wouldn't be able to replace Jelavic.

But the Gers boss was quick to deny he'd stormed out of a meeting with supremo Craig Whyte.

McCoist, though, admitted his relationship with the under-fire club owner has had its stormy moments.

He said: "You know that was probably one of 400 snaps taken. I am telling you right now I did NOT walk out Ibrox with my face tripping me.

"I have done on numerous occasions, but that wasn't one of them — that was just a normal exit.

"In fact that picture was taken three or four hours after my meeting with Craig."

On his relationship with Whyte, McCoist confessed: "I've spoken to Craig about three times in the last week and spoken to him about numerous things. We have a good, healthy working relationship.

"We have disagreements. Absolutely. The disagreements are obviously due to his efforts to make the club better and my aim to make the club better — coming at it from two different jobs.

"But the aim is the exact same — to make the club the best it can be. It would be unhealthy if we didn't have any disagreements at all.

"But there were never any problems.

"I totally understand Craig's situation and he totally understands mine.

"The one thing he has always been with me is very honest and up front and he keeps me involved in all the information, be it finances or whatever.

"He wants success for the club and I want success for the club, as do all the fans.

"But there are different ways of getting there.

"His job is the running of the club and that is the most important thing.

"The club's job is to maintain sustainability, producing players and having success. He won't do anything that might be to the detriment of that."

It seems now that every time cw and one of his cronies open there mouths we get nothing but lies

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4108429/Ally-Jela-didnt-ask-for-move.html#ixzz1lPISs2eY

Edited by williamh
add more

A pretty bold topical header.

All what is in there might just have been a problem of understanding - after all, you do have to keep in mind that Jela does not speak English that good and the odd slip may lead people listening to different ideas. Not - and we always have to keep this in mind - that the press tries to make astory out of this: after all, selling our star striker "has to cause some upset" amongst the management, the support, the players or whatnot: at least according to the press. Hence they milk it to the core.

The more important issues with this article is, as I intimated on the day, that McCoist did not have a bust up with Whyte, and that he apparently spoke to him hours before the picture was taken. It could well have been news that none of the targets he had on the day were willing to come ... or that his better half informed him that his mother-in-law was staying overnight.

... yep. It was bound to happen though and while we did indeed have a had a few replacements in our sights, apparently time was a factor. All that said, there are still freebies about who can be looked at, and I do believe that there are enough out there who would do a job for us in the SPL (for at least six months). On a sidenote, Lafferty and Hemmings will be back soon and I would hazard a guess that Aluko and Celik will chip in with some goals.

Edit: @ Bluedell ... so you take the words of the press for being the truth then?

The more important issues with this article is, as I intimated on the day, that McCoist did not have a bust up with Whyte,

We don't know whether he did or not. Ally would deny it publicly even if he had a bust up. There's certainly nothing to suggest that he did but there's also nothing to suggest that he didn't.

... yep. It was bound to happen though and while we did indeed have a had a few replacements in our sights, apparently time was a factor. All that said, there are still freebies about who can be looked at, and I do believe that there are enough out there who would do a job for us in the SPL (for at least six months). On a sidenote, Lafferty and Hemmings will be back soon and I would hazard a guess that Aluko and Celik will chip in with some goals.

Edit: @ Bluedell ... so you take the words of the press for being the truth then?

I'm with you on the belief that we will win the title again this season,I also think we have enough quality to do so and maybe pick up a wee freebie that might come in and contribute to that,but the point of the thread is how badly wee handled the Jelavic departure and the fact is we are weaker without him.

What words? Are you trying to suggest that Ali Russell didn't issue a statement which said:

"Nikica told Ally McCoist personally on Monday he wanted to move to the English Premier League so to suggest he didn't want to leave Rangers is nonsense,"

"Nikica, and indeed his family, were widely quoted throughout January about playing in England and his agent also communicated the fact he wanted to achieve a lifetime ambition and test himself in the Premier League.

"He wants to earn a starting place for Croatia at Euro 2012 and felt a move to England's top flight would help him achieve that.

"Nikica was a terrific player for Rangers and we wish him well at Everton but to suggest he was forced to leave Ibrox is just ridiculous."

Might be that Jela Knocked back West Ham himself because he was only leaving for an EPL team and Everton sat and waited till the last minute looking for the best price. That could be what Jela was telling Ally on Monday I'm only leaving for an EPL team no one else.

Before I post this , Frankie knows who my source is in these matters , Jelavic DID PERSONALLY tell CW and Ally that he wanted away , both CW and Ally also told a reporter this , seperately .

Why McCoist is now back tracking I have no idea but my confidence and respect for him has now all but gone , he also has the lurgan bigot hanging out of him on a regular basis yet the best he can do is " keep your nose out of it neil " an absolute joke .

Also and as an aside , Jelavic's agent tried to get more money out of us by refusing to sign the contract with Everton , hence the " he's away back to the hotel to get a shower" line , CW told him , " fine put him in the car and bring him back " , needless to say he signed as he stated he wanted to do .

I understand people not trusting CW but the amount of rubbish that is getting written and swallowed whole by our support is just staggering