I was thinking about this yesterday and I can only assume the delay is because we don't want the lad to ease off.

If we offer him an extended contract (and we do have first option) then more money may mean declining attitude. Of course, the opposite is also true and the lad's value is increasing all the time.

Guest superrcooper7
Rangers winger Sone Aluko insists he is happy at Ibrox and refuses to worry about his uncertain future.

The Nigeria international joined the Glasgow giants in November on a short-term deal until the end of the season.

He has scored three goals in his nine SPL games and silenced the critics who labelled him inconsistent at former club Aberdeen.

But Aluko has yet to agree an extension to his short-term stay with Ally McCoist's men.

"I'm enjoying my football and everything will take care of itself," said the 22-year-old.

"The manager thinks I'm playing well and I'm happy with my form.

"I'm happy here, I'm playing well and the team and coaching staff have taken to me.

"So I'm settled here. We'll see what happens."

Not really much of an insight from SSN.

Interesting above, we're almost in a catch 22 with him. Do we offer the contract and hope he continues his current form rather than relax or risk letting him prove himself further while at the same time his value increases and better offers for him more likely?

Guest superrcooper7
SONE Aluko has been a revelation since joining Rangers. A bit-part player at Aberdeen, he appeared to be one of those talented individuals who lacked the physical or mental strength to make the most of their ability. Now, though, he is one of the most consistent members of Ally McCoist’s squad, a regular scorer and supplier of goals, as he showed again in Saturday’s 4-1 win at Dunfermline.

“It’s other people’s labels,” he said after the game when reminded of that ‘inconsistent’ tag. “I can’t worry about what other people say about me. All I can do is focus on what I’m capable of and try to help the team.”

Aluko helped his team at both ends, scoring Rangers’ third and clearing an Alex Keddie header off the line. The latter was a particularly significant contribution, given that in his first game for his current club he had allowed Kilmarnock the winning goal by staying on the post and playing Manuel Pascali onside.

“That was part of my duties too,” he said of his denial of Keddie. “The first game I played everyone made a big fuss about me not getting off the post. So I was just concentrating and trying to stay awake this time. It’s just part of football. You learn from your mistakes and today was what that was about.”

Aluko had the novel experience of trying to create scoring chances for Lee McCulloch up front, and suggested that the former Scotland international, who began his career as a forward, and Daniel Cousin could constitute a powerful striking combination in some circumstances. “I’ve just told Lee that I can’t believe he’s been playing midfield. I said ‘What have you been doing playing there, not striker?’ I thought he did very well for us.

“He was physical and aggressive and his movement was good. He also scored a great goal. He looked a top striker and he’s the type you want to be playing up front when you’re a winger.

“It gives us another option, especially when the pitch isn’t conducive to playing good football and you have to go a bit more direct. Cousin and Lee can do that for us. He [Cousin] was a handful to play against. I came up against him in my first season at Aberdeen and he was a powerful boy, a real handful who worked the line well. A strong boy. He’s got great experience. I’m sure he looks after himself. He might not play every game, but I’m sure he’ll still bring a lot to the team.”

A better article on how he's feeling though no mention of any contract.

We have first option on him so what's the hurry.

Another point on the wee man it seems in the last few weeks he has become public enemy no.1 with everyone except us. The amount of abuse he is getting is terrible, funny how the last PEno.1 Naismith can't get it so we move on to the next Rangers player, all ably helped by the media calling him a cheat.

Edited by GovanAllan