European football next season?

Why is Whyte claiming that if we enter administration and exit it again quickly enough we can still play in Europe next season? I was under the impression that if last season's accounts weren't signed off before March 31st then the SFA wouldn't be able to grant us a European licence. Anyone know what the true facts are?

I think what you are saying is right but administration doesn't have to take months if its done right so we could, potentially, play in Europe next year.

Although we are Glasgow Rangers & people tend to treat us different.. I wouldn't be surprised if the rules change to block us.

Why is Whyte claiming that if we enter administration and exit it again quickly enough we can still play in Europe next season? I was under the impression that if last season's accounts weren't signed off before March 31st then the SFA wouldn't be able to grant us a European licence. Anyone know what the true facts are?

I dont know the facts Zappa but n the event of an administration I dont think that audited accounts are a necessity (could be wrong - I have liquidated one of our companies before and even though audits were necessary, the fact we were liquidating meant that the requirement for audited financials was waived - now, administration is certainly different to liquidation so I may not be correct there) - if they are not a necessity I would suspect that UEFA would be bowing to the legal circumstance in the relevant jurisdiction.

As I said, not certain in either direction - but Whyte, unless really stupid, would have had this clarified by UEFA before going down the route he has.

Even if we get a 3 year ban it's better being out of Europe on a technicality than having to suffer the embarrassment of any more Maribors or Malmoes...

Gives us time to recover and re-group.

I completely disagree mate. We REALLY need European money to help us rebuild in the coming years.

I personally don't think we will, somebody said it takes 2 months to get out of admin if that does happen.

There isn't a specific timescale, but I do know that football clubs don't enter and exit administration in less than a couple of months. The only club to enter and exit admin in the sort of period Whyte is making out is possible for us was Hull back in 2001 who were only in admin for about 5 weeks, but their admin circumstances were completely different to what ours will be and that was also years before the rules on football clubs going into admin were changed.