The Rangers supporters Trust

I think it is right that the Trust are looking to deliver clarity during this important time. In saying that, it's difficult to advocate joining them as I'm not sure they've done a great job in recent years but they've certainly been a bit more vocal recently.

Administration was always probable so hopefully they've got a plan ready for this eventuality. Once they reveal details of that and how the mainstream support can help, then it would definitely be worth your consideration.

As an aside, I'm told there is growing interest for a consortium led bid for the club (not via Paul Murray either) with direct fan involvement so we'll see what comes of that also.

Edited by Frankie

Frankie if you check my twitter timeline you'll see i forced them to "clarify" that the £10 that people have given them over this last 24 hours "does not go towards saving Rangers" I'd bet a lot of Rangers fans thought this was the case and they were happy enough to let them think that.

it's fucking annoyed me!!!!

I just posted this on my own Rangers facebook page

ads and lasses.

Can i ask you all to be very careful with your money and and Rangers supporters groups right now.

The Rangers Supporters Trust has gone on a recruitment drive, for £10 of your money. To me they are hoodwinking people because a lot of good honest Bears will think that cash will go to save Rangers.

IT DOES NOT

it goes into their bank account and all you get is conformation you are now part of a Rangers supporters group. There's no other benefits.

I personally am NOT a member of any group right now.

My own view is we need to sit back and take all this in. I know the club being owned by the fans sounds great, but that is a long way off right now. There's a lot has to be done to set that up, like who will be the man at the top, who's on the committee etc.

Just use your head and think, and please do NOT part with any cash right now towards anything to do with "saving Rangers" as there is no such official fund set up yet.

The Trust have to be very careful where money is concerned mate so I'm glad they're clarifying the £10 is for a membership only - no share offered either nowadays.

It's not a huge amount of money but they have to offer good value nonetheless. To be fair, they've been active in the media of late and have said all the right things so fans can make up their own mind about how important they are.

Hopefully they can make some big steps forward over the coming weeks.

The Trust have to be very careful where money is concerned mate so I'm glad they're clarifying the £10 is for a membership only - no share offered either nowadays.

It's not a huge amount of money but they have to offer good value nonetheless. To be fair, they've been active in the media of late and have said all the right things so fans can make up their own mind about how important they are.

Hopefully they can make some big steps forward over the coming weeks.

I'm not doubting their influence, it's the way they've got people to part with money that's bothered me

I'm a member Bears and agree they haven't been the best before buts now the time for them to step up and make a difference. I know there is a bit of bad blood between the various groups, but if there was ever a time to put it in the past it's now.

I'm not asking all groups to become one but maybe a sort of cross party committee with members from all the groups on it all speaking as one because we need to hear just one voice from the support at the moment and it has to be a unified one.

I'm a member Bears and agree they haven't been the best before buts now the time for them to step up and make a difference. I know there is a bit of bad blood between the various groups, but if there was ever a time to put it in the past it's now.

I'm not asking all groups to become one but maybe a sort of cross party committee with members from all the groups on it all speaking as one because we need to hear just one voice from the support at the moment and it has to be a unified one.

As i say Allan, i've nothing much against them, but the way they've gone on this recruitment drive knowing full well some Bears will have given them money thinking it's going towards some sort of kitty to buy/save rangers, that fucking stinks!!!!

The Rangers Joint Action Group is such a vehicle. Again, like the Trust, I'd hope there is genuine progress in terms of what it can achieve during such difficult times.

It's certainly not a time for people to say this person or that group are unsuitable. However, everyone has to prove their credentials.

There will not be a better time in the RSTs history for them to offer free membership to a basic concept that's simply supposed to bring fans together and take part in the running of the football club. These people need to have a long hard think about what's important. We can talk about RST running costs etc etc, but the bottom line is that NOW is the time for the RST to step forward if it's ever going to have any meaning and if they don't change their current strategy they'll miss the bus.

On a sidenote, the individual Rangers fan (unless he's got a few million about) will not influence the course the club may take. Supporters associations with a few thousand member will be different though. The main thing is - for all concerened - to get their act together and make it clear to the administrators that there are people there who care ... in their thousands.