The Rangers supporters Trust

I joined at the beginning of the year and as has been said the speed and clarity of any information is pretty poor however, it's as good a platform as any to rally round at this point. If such a platform was free it would attract huge numbers and would give the best idea yet whether a fan's ownership scheme could work.

There will not be a better time in the RSTs history for them to offer free membership to a basic concept that's simply supposed to bring fans together and take part in the running of the football club. These people need to have a long hard think about what's important. We can talk about RST running costs etc etc, but the bottom line is that NOW is the time for the RST to step forward if it's ever going to have any meaning and if they don't change their current strategy they'll miss the bus.

Absolutely Zappa, it is the PERFECT opportunity for them to provide free membership and recruit vast numbers - hopefully at the same time as having some kind of financial plan in place to put to the members.

Thing is, most fans joining would be happy to provide WHAT THEY CAN to help save the club - much better for that to be under one unified umbrella and having accumulated a large membership base.

Just think, if the RST (or any other Gers supporters group) could amass, say 400,000 members and they could convince those members to, on AVERAGE, part with 100 quid then you have 40 million quid right there. That would perhaps not save the club but there are also high net worth individuals who would possibly step into the breach ALONGSIDE the fans to get it over the line.

Absolutely Zappa, it is the PERFECT opportunity for them to provide free membership and recruit vast numbers - hopefully at the same time as having some kind of financial plan in place to put to the members.

Thing is, most fans joining would be happy to provide WHAT THEY CAN to help save the club - much better for that to be under one unified umbrella and having accumulated a large membership base.

Just think, if the RST (or any other Gers supporters group) could amass, say 400,000 members and they could convince those members to, on AVERAGE, part with 100 quid then you have 40 million quid right there. That would perhaps not save the club but there are also high net worth individuals who would possibly step into the breach ALONGSIDE the fans to get it over the line.

Mate i've just put this to them on twitter

Guys, it's me that does most of the twitter stuff. I know your questions are there and will answer them in time. I need a break from answering emails, FB and twitter questions from this morning. Plus I have my own job to do!

I have also forwarded some the questions to the board so more experienced board members give an answer. I can attempt the answer and be about 99% correct but I want to make sure the answers are correct.

We do appreciate all your questions and suggestions.

Firstly, there was absolutely no intent to dupe people into joining the Trust by making them think that they were donating to the Club. If anyone feels they have been misled then I'm sure we would refund their money if requested. The free membership is something we have thought about, I think the Manchester United Trust has free e-membership. However our Trust is one of the cheapest to join in Scotland (Hibs is £50 per year). Until recently, we also gave out a share in the Club which cost us £5+. We have to think about all the hundreds of people who have paid £100 to become life members and the ones who have paid in £10 per year from Year 1. It's certainly worth thinking about.

Over the past two days many fans have been asking how to join the RST, how much it is to join and what do you get by joining the RST. I hope the following points answer those questions raised:

• Annual membership costs £10. Renewable every April.

• Life membership costs £100.

• On joining the trust you will receive a membership certificate, card and welcome letter.

• The reason for a fee is to help with running costs of the trust; like insurance, legal fees, web hosting and web development.

• We are a not-for-profit organisation and 'our accounts are audited by independent accounts every year'.

• It also pays for the Blue Spirit leaflets you may have seen handed out earlier this year

• It also pays for The Trust to be members of Supporters Direct who govern football Trusts in the UK

• It also paid for the Gerspride conference last year which was subsidised

• It helps pay for campaigns which we have run this year.

• The most important part of the Trust is strength in numbers. For example, if one person takes issue with an organisation, the likelihood is some generic lip service with an apology. However, if folk were to take issue with an organisation in numbers, then the organisation is likely to sit up and take notice. That is the beauty with an organisation such as ourselves.

The minute the club announced administration we were swamped with questions about joining and we have had to post details and links to our ‘join us’ page. We are trying to answer as many queries as possible, however, we felt this would be more appropriate and efficient. We have also asked for suggestions from fans, not just members, on how you would approach the current situation. Our email should you wish to contact us: rstinfo@rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk

Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151296238630191&id=10150104779665191&notif_t=like

I'm a member too and even got a share. I've got no real complaints. Think MD has spoken well in the past couple of days.

I do see that there is a real need for unity at this time between all the groups. I would like to think that differences could be set aside for the greater good.

As an aside I can understand Hibs charging £50 a pop. There's much more entertainment value there.