Administrators Press Conference 16.02.2012, 3.45 pm - Live on STV

One thing, whilst I have less confidence in Craig Whyte, I feel I have more confidence the club can come out of this, with this team steering it,rather than Whyte running rough shod. For me, the history of the club IS IMPORTANT. I don't want a Phoenix club.

I thought they were balanced and responsive, especially considering some of the questions thrown at them.

They stayed calm under some of the questions which would have annoyed them given they stated at the outset they couldnt answer certain questions and highlighted what those kind of questions were.

I am of the same opinion, I believe that with these guys leading the administration we CAN come out of this but I also think that they need to retain good relationships with HMRC for this to be the case.

I, too, do NOT want a Phoenix Club. We are RANGERS and our proud history should be retained if at all possible.

I watched that press conference on line and also couldn't hear the questions being asked, thought I detected the dulcet tones of Jim Traynor. If it was him, he appeared to be asking a question which will require a considerable amount of forensic accounting to answer properly and he should have known that. On the whole I took it as a positive, always providing no more "issues" are uncovered.

Am I right in thinking they said the Ticketus debt is not a liability of the football club?

Monies were paid to a parent company I think. I think someone asked if that money was secured on club assets and they confirmed that it wasnt.

So if the money was provided to some other company and not secured on club assets then I cant see how it would be a debt of the club.

I watched that press conference on line and also couldn't hear the questions being asked, thought I detected the dulcet tones of Jim Traynor. If it was him, he appeared to be asking a question which will require a considerable amount of forensic accounting to answer properly and he should have known that. On the whole I took it as a positive, always providing no more "issues" are uncovered.

Traynor was a tool with his question.

He asked a question they had already confirmed they wouldnt be at liberty to answer.

They stayed calm under some of the questions which would have annoyed them given they stated at the outset they couldnt answer certain questions and highlighted what those kind of questions were.

I am of the same opinion, I believe that with these guys leading the administration we CAN come out of this but I also think that they need to retain good relationships with HMRC for this to be the case.

I, too, do NOT want a Phoenix Club. We are RANGERS and our proud history should be retained if at all possible.

Exactly. Our history is what makes Rangers. I think these guys should be able to keep a good relationship with HMRC. Liquidation would screw everyone over. I'd much prefer a CVA where we pay part/some/most of our debts then we screw over other companies. The slur on our reputation would be catastrophic, another thing to bash Rangers with.

I think they should just ban Whyte from conversations with HMRC altogether. I have the feeling he annoys them :P

Aside from HMRC.... dependent on big tax case... (conjecture on my part).

They said that CW (or one of his companies) was the major secured creditor but that they would need to check on the validity of said security (I think this is what they said, was hard to hear what the questions were - they could have been asked if there was security over MP and Ibrox)

Sorry I couldnt be clearer Bears.

No worries mate. I'm sure STV will have a proper Q&A thingy up soon

Thanks again for BlueMazza's updates.

I think we do well to wait for the administrators' statements from now on, instead of jumping to conclusions based on media rumour-mongering.

I cannot say I have a good feeling about the administration, but a better feeling than same time last week, or, indeed, Monday. Add the that the public support we received today.