Administrators Press Conference 16.02.2012, 3.45 pm - Live on STV

What possible incentive would HMRC have to allow the big tax case to be brought into this administration process?

It's concerning that they can only try and pull it in.Wwhat happens if they don't succeed? Do we go through this whole process again in a couple of month's time and get hit with yet another (bigger) penalty?

HMRC would probably have to do a cost:benefit analysis of what they would receive upon liquidation. The administrators could offer them 20p in the pound (for arguments sake) under the terms of the administration, whilst in liquidation they could get nothing as CW has rode off into the sunset with his secured creditor status. I am surmising obviously but one would have to think that HMRC would not cut its nose off to spite its face (they might, as common sense and logic doesnt always prevail with HMRC).

That is, I believe, what the administrators said though, that they could negotiate settlement even prior to judgement, which is what I think CW was trying to do. HMRC may be less hardball with the administrators than CW (hopefully).

We'll still be in this process in a couple of months time. Hope not but the end of March deadline is a pipedream at the moment.

Again, was hard to hear the questions but somebody I think asked about the March 31st deadline and the administrators said that it was "possible but optimistic".

Guest superrcooper7

BREAKING NEW

-Rangers administrators are set to announce a deal has been struck with hmrc over the disputed 75m it is understood a figure of 20m had been negotiated and craig whyte has stumped up the cash from his own personal fortune. An insider at ibrox has said rangers are back out of administration and are debt free as the chairman has seen to it all creditors have been paid in 1 fowl swoop, rangers are now debt free, it is also understood mr whyte has spoken to ally mccoist and assured him of a transfer budget of 20m over the next 3 years which will be used to rebuild the threadbare squad they currently have.....

If carlsberg done text messages they would be the best in the world

BREAKING NEW

-Rangers administrators are set to announce a deal has been struck with hmrc over the disputed 75m it is understood a figure of 20m had been negotiated and craig whyte has stumped up the cash from his own personal fortune. An insider at ibrox has said rangers are back out of administration and are debt free as the chairman has seen to it all creditors have been paid in 1 fowl swoop, rangers are now debt free, it is also understood mr whyte has spoken to ally mccoist and assured him of a transfer budget of 20m over the next 3 years which will be used to rebuild the threadbare squad they currently have.....

I called you something there that I can't write on here. :thup:

Guest superrcooper7
I called you something there that I can't write on here. :thup:

Yeah I can imagine, of all the shite thats going round via txt's, facebook etc, this is the one that made me smile, albeit aqfter a wee bit of cursing :)

Hope no-one minds me posting it....

Weather this true or not but stv are saying the ticketus money went through one of Craig whyte's company's and not RFC accounts and the administration people are looking at it?

Yes, the administrator confirmed this.

BREAKING NEW

Nice one coop, but it's very like a text I received back in April 2011 quoting Craig Whyte. I believed it.