Should We Be Wary Of Administrators

One thing that makes me wonder about the length of time the adminstrators are taking is that the longer we're in administration, the more money they make and the weekly bill for their services will be a significant amount of money. I'm not directly accusing them of being in go-slow mode to line their own pockets, but it's certainly food for thought.

They will be doing the job as they see fit. Administrators/liquidators make an absolute fortune anyway - they dont delberately slow the process down in my experience of them.

They will be doing the job as they see fit. Administrators/liquidators make an absolute fortune anyway - they dont delberately slow the process down in my experience of them.

I doubt if they will be paid per hour as that would be a conflict of interests.

I doubt if they will be paid per hour as that would be a conflict of interests.

They DO get paid per hour, that is how these firms operate. And, in fact, you can find their chargeout rates on their website - I looked when they were appointed and I think the chargeout rate was 300-500 per hour.

They DO get paid per hour, that is how these firms operate. And, in fact, you can find their chargeout rates on their website - I looked when they were appointed and I think the chargeout rate was 300-500 per hour.

So by the time they are finished you are bankrupt anyway.

They will be doing the job as they see fit.

I'm sure they will be!

Administrators/liquidators make an absolute fortune anyway - they dont delberately slow the process down in my experience of them.

I once went to work for a very reputable Glasgow-based company where (to my surprise) almost every single person worked in slow motion on almost every single job, both at their base and on-site. On my first day I had people looking at me like an alien and by the afternoon I had people telling me to slow down as if their livelyhood depended on it.

So by the time they are finished you are bankrupt anyway.

There is certainly a reason that the administrators are always the FIRST to get paid, even prior to secured creditors. They dont go out of pocket anyway Pete. Hence part of why they are loaded.

I once went to work for a very reputable Glasgow-based company where (to my surprise) almost every single person worked in slow motion on almost every single job, both at their base and on-site. On my first day I had people looking at me like an alien and by the afternoon I had people telling me to slow down as if their livelyhood depended on it.

Administrators ?

Administrators ?

No, but that doesn't mean administrators couldn't do the same thing. They HAVE been very very slow in all honesty. The size and complexity of the company isn't a good excuse for them. They should have made steps to slash outgoings almost immediately (within a week at the most IMO) and they haven't done that. We're only a short way into the process, but already it seems to be getting dragged out, which I don't think is a good thing. I hope I'm wrong though and obviously I'm happy if it's dragged out for the sake of saving the club.

I'm sure they will be!

You worked in McDonalds?

Actually, if they have 8 weeks till their first report, why would they not milk the occasion. Speaking purely "capitalistic", not as a fan. As much as I hate it.

But as I have said above, some processes can't be quickened just for the sake of the media getting more info and action. I find it appaling that a reporter asks for more and immediate actions by the administrators when somesuch actually means reducing the playing staff and causing redundancies all over the club ... for the sake of a couple of 100k pounds a week.