Interesting quote in todays Herald

Yet some sources close to the situation are all but certain that Ticketus's arrangement would not hold with a new owner. The company may have decided their choice is to embark on lengthy and costly moves to challenge Whyte to try to get back some of their money, or to essentially write off their involvement with Whyte and strike a new deal with his successor, and they may see the Blue Knights as the best hope of recouping some of the money they face losing.

"Paul [Murray] has had some discussion about their position," said Andy Kerr, of the Rangers Supporters Assembly. "They're nervous they will end up severely burned in this deal if it goes wrong. We're talking about reducing the amount due to them, repaying over a longer period but, most important, getting capital up front if the takeover is successful."

Edited by pete

That is interesting and kinda answers the doubts I had over their involvement with the Blue Knights. Big question for Paul Murray there and if true 'maybe' justifies their involvement...

My guess is that the support from the fans groups is open to a few bidders so Paul's move may lessen his chances? Let's hope over the next few days he makes his decision clear over this and over the question of the possibility of Mark Dingwall being on the Rangers board - we need to know what happened in that story if he is to be involved, if we don't then that will cause division we can't afford, to grow...

Edited by A Horse With No Name

It's interesting in that it is almost 180degrees from the picture painted by Mark Dingwall , he was painting the scenario that Ticketus were guarenteed secured creditors

I'm firmly of the opinion the quicker D&P publish their public report for us to make up our own minds the better.

D&P don't help the situation by making contradictory statements day after day. I really think they're enjoying the limelight too much and should concentrate more on getting the job done. Let the bidders take care of themselves.

D&P don't help the situation by making contradictory statements day after day. I really think they're enjoying the limelight too much and should concentrate more on getting the job done. Let the bidders take care of themselves.

Totally agree.

D&P have treated the situation very unprofessionally in my opinion. The clearly excessive number of administrator statements and press conferences have turned a very very serious situation at the club into a bloody dog & pony show! They need to concentrate on sorting the club out and bringing us out of administration instead of pandering to the press 24/7.

Nothing I have read seen or heard leads me to believe that Wjyte is not firmly in the driving seat.

As it stands, Whyte is still the Rangers owner and I agree I don't think he's as insignificant as the administrators would have us believe.

For all his faults, he's not completely daft and wouldn't have involved his preferred administrators if he didn't think he'd benefit from it.

Totally agree.

D&P have treated the situation very unprofessionally in my opinion. The clearly excessive number of administrator statements and press conferences have turned a very very serious situation at the club into a bloody dog & pony show! They need to concentrate on sorting the club out and bringing us out of administration instead of pandering to the press 24/7.

Obviously the quicker we get a genuine bid, the quicker the club come out of administration the better for all so we can understand them wanting to pressurise any interested parties. I do think less would be more sometimes though.

Totally agree.

Apparently it is their first administration case in football? If so then they are probably using it for their own ends - promote their firm.

People will forget about their statements and look at results. £1m per month saved with little staff cuts and players managing to agree to wage cuts. Sell the club to the right person and their portfolio looks very attractive.

Obviously the quicker we get a genuine bid, the quicker the club come out of administration the better for all so we can understand them wanting to pressurise any interested parties.

I can understand them trying to flush the real players out if there are any, but have a major problem with how they've handled things all in all.

I do think less would be more sometimes though.

This is my major gripe. The way D&P handled the situation after King's statement was horrific. David Whitehouse being interviewed on RangersTV made it sound as though liquidation was a distinct possibility, then the following day Paul Clark completely contradicted his partner and gave a far more positive spin. These contradictions (and others) are completely unprofessional from these guys. They need to get on with their job's, get their story straight and stick to it, while keeping a slightly lower profile so to speak.